I want denim pleaty soooo badly..is it worth it for the price?

The pleaty is such an adorable bag! I LOVE it! Your concerns about the price are legitimate though. It is a lot of money to spend but if you plan on using it often then I think it's worth it.

Yah I guess I don't carry much either..if I do get this bag I'd definitely have to go on some sort of shopping ban! I believe this bag is $1300 cdn...and then there's 14% tax on top of that :sad:. Ooooo:huh:ooh I want it!

I take good care of all my stuff...so the denim should be ok?

$1300? Isn't that close to the Neo price? The mini is around $775. I bought mine through Let-Trade for a bit less. I thought the Pleaty was around $980. Don't remember if that was US or CAN though. I have seen them through some resellers for around $800 USD. That might be an option too.

As far as the denim, I think it will wear like jeans do. Except I won't be washing my purse! :P The color might fade in time, the fabric is supposed to get softer with use and it can be spot cleaned.

Yah I guess I don't carry much either..if I do get this bag I'd definitely have to go on some sort of shopping ban! I believe this bag is $1300 cdn...and then there's 14% tax on top of that :sad:. Ooooo:huh:ooh I want it!

I take good care of all my stuff...so the denim should be ok?

Buy in Alberta :graucho:

I dont have this particular one but I have the baggy gm and bought a speedy when they first were released. I jumped on the speedy wagon and wait list but when I got it, wasnt at all impressed with denim for that dollar amount. However, the denim baggy changed my mind. The denim line in a shoulder bag is the most comfortable bag ever. Definitely worth the money.

If you are talking about the regular pleaty, I'm not a huge fan. I have a friend who has a regular pleaty and it just seems too small to hold in the hand when I am used to a speedy's size. But I do like the mini pleaty because you can use it on the shoulder and it has a cuter shape. I personally prefer medium to larger sized bags.
I definitely don't think the charms version of the mini pleaty is worth the money tho cause it's double the price.

Let us know what you choose!

Oooohh yah I could consider getting a second hand one! Too bad I don't know of any second hand stores in Toronto.

I believe I saw one on 2nd-hangbag.com for $855 but it says there are stains and scratches

Pleaty is my favorite denim bag, it's just so cute!!!
I think it's being discontinued though, so you should jump on it before they are gone & the ebay prices jump.

Oooohh yah I could consider getting a second hand one! Too bad I don't know of any second hand stores in Toronto.

I believe I saw one on 2nd-hangbag.com for $855 but it says there are stains and scratches

Contact Let-Trade, they might have one. Also, there are a number of reliable re-sellers on Ebay. If you find one, post in the authenticate thread, the mods are very good about spotting fakes.

BTW, there is a Pleaty on Ebay for a low price but don't bid on it. It has not been verified and the seller has had 1 fake spotted already. The link is in the "authenticate this" thread

Contact Let-Trade, they might have one. Also, there are a number of reliable re-sellers on Ebay. If you find one, post in the authenticate thread, the mods are very good about spotting fakes.

BTW, there is a Pleaty on Ebay for a low price but don't bid on it. It has not been verified and the seller has had 1 fake spotted already. The link is in the "authenticate this" thread

wow thanks for the heads up!

hmmm i'm also wondering if you (those who have anything in the denim line) spray the apple guarde stuff on denim as well?

Ok, don't BIN on that cheap Pleaty, all the sellers stuff is fake/stolen pics etc. There will be others that come up that are real.

As far as the Appleguard. I think there might be 1 place that sells it here, so I have never used it. For my other items, I have never sprayed them but my old bucket has been treated with Danier leather conditioner/cleaner. The vachetta is golden, so I don't know if it made it darker. It does keep the leather supple though.

The denim is treated by LV but I don't know how long it lasts. I am not sure what it could be sprayed with. :shrugs: Let me know if you find out.

I have a product called ITA Ltd. that my furrier gave me for my shearling. It is safe for leather and suede. I am considering using that for the vachetta. The site is www.shearlings.com they are a CAN company. The product is not listed but a number of retailers are in TO.