I want an Elgin, but which colour?

How about Olive? I'm totally biased as that's the colour of my Elgin but I love it. It's so versatile but a bit different.

And I might have imagined it, but weren't there some Vanilla Elgins at the outlets last year?

I remember drooling over your Olive Elgin when you posted pics :drool: And then I copycatted with my Chocolate :P

I totally love my Elgin but I'm not sure I'd use it as a baby bag :nogood: It's SO heavy and I would be worried about the porous leather with all the wet stuff you have to carry around (bottles, food, wipes, wet clothes etc). tbh, I would consider the vinyl Roxanne tote as a baby bag - lightweight, massive and easy to keep clean :tup: Not cheap enough yet, though :lol:

And I have to say, I'm not sure I'd use it as a laptop bag on public transport :nogood:

Do you know what would make a brilliant laptop bag? The large Maggie. Honestly, it's cavernous :tup: and zips at the top so is more secure.

klp - I am feeling the need for an Elgin too! :smile: Am searching for a used one at the moment... haven't seen anything on ebay, one on Gumtree but I am in the US and am not sure if I trust it without seeing it.

Let us know if you find Elgins somewhere... I might get one too. I love the olive!!

I have the Elgin in vanilla! It's a great colour for such a big bag and I use it in the summer although it's not the most practical of colours. Elgin in chocolate sounds lovely

KLP, my Elgin is chocolate and I adore it. I would also love to have one in Oak. Since I got it after Christmas, I can't address carrying it in the summer, but I am pretty sure that I will, as I always wear chocolate brown, even in the summer. Browns and khakis are my favorite colors, so a chocolate bag always works for me!!!!

I havent actually seen it, but I think Elgin would look absolutely lovely in olive. Like someone else wrote, I think the bag looks to heavy if its in chocolate or black.

I remember drooling over your Olive Elgin when you posted pics :drool: And then I copycatted with my Chocolate

I totally love my Elgin but I'm not sure I'd use it as a baby bag :nogood: It's SO heavy and I would be worried about the porous leather with all the wet stuff you have to carry around (bottles, food, wipes, wet clothes etc). tbh, I would consider the vinyl Roxanne tote as a baby bag - lightweight, massive and easy to keep clean :tup: Not cheap enough yet, though :lol:

And I have to say, I'm not sure I'd use it as a laptop bag on public transport :nogood:

Do you know what would make a brilliant laptop bag? The large Maggie. Honestly, it's cavernous :tup: and zips at the top so is more secure.

Thanks for your thoughts Dita!

I love the olive but the colour just doesn't work with my skin tone. It has the unfortunate effect of making me look very ill. :hrmm:

I wouldn't use this as a baby bag very often as I have Roxy A4 tote for that as well as a Storksak baby bag. I just love the look of the Elgin. It's so pretty! I don't really care if it's heavy - I need the exercise! lol

I am not a fan of the vinyl totes though I did see a mum carrying the blue one and it looked fab. I just don't do bright colours.

I don't use public transport much at all as I'm not working, so that's not a problem. I do, however, plan on using it occasionally on trips so I may have to think about getting an actual laptop bag for those times.

The Maggie really isn't for me. I tried it on IRL a while back and it just didn't work. :shrugs:

I just want to add that I love my black Elgin! I don´t use it as an actual baby-bag but it is really great for toting around little ones stuff and bribes and other things when we are out and about. That way black suits me perfect as I don´t have to think of where I drop it when I have to speed after little daughter...:P

Congrats to choco Elgin! Hope you´ll love it!

I have the Elgin in the lighter than oak color (sorry don't remember the name). Love the bag and alternate it and a chocolate Rockley for a laptop bag. Good luck finding one- they are great bags. I would go for chocolate if you can find one.

It was also my first introduction to Mulberry.