I want a Bal!

pinay28

Pinay in Qatar
Nov 22, 2010
I want a Bal! :smile:

I want to buy a City, Part time or Velo in either black or anthracite but I'm having second thoughts. This would be my first (and hope not the last) Bal bag. I'm afraid that the leather will wrinkle and that I need to "baby" my bag. Please share your experiences about these issues. Or, please convince me to buy a Bal bag... :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile:

outtacontrol

Sofa King Canadian!
O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
I think black or anthra would be the easiest of colours to take care of, because they are dark. Also, the leather becomes distressed or 'wrinkled' , as you put it, as you wear the bag. It softens and slouches. This is the biggest plus for me, the leather gets better and better with age! This is one of the big attractions for bal I think.

Cara Mia

Aug 17, 2007
Exactly- the natural lines, wrinkles, ect, are a part of the bag's beauty. My oldest is an 05 magenta, and she's not really wrinkly at all. Best of all, her leather is like silk.. There's nothing better than a worn-in Bal. Also, while i take care of my bags, i don't baby them, even though they're quite expensive. Life's too short :smile:

pinay28

Pinay in Qatar
Nov 22, 2010
I think black or anthra would be the easiest of colours to take care of, because they are dark. Also, the leather becomes distressed or 'wrinkled' , as you put it, as you wear the bag. It softens and slouches. This is the biggest plus for me, the leather gets better and better with age! This is one of the big attractions for bal I think.

Do you use LMB or any other moisturizer? How do you take care of your bags? Thanks.

Exactly- the natural lines, wrinkles, ect, are a part of the bag's beauty. My oldest is an 05 magenta, and she's not really wrinkly at all. Best of all, her leather is like silk.. There's nothing better than a worn-in Bal. Also, while i take care of my bags, i don't baby them, even though they're quite expensive. Life's too short :smile:

Wow! do you use your bags daily/ once in a while? How do you take care of your bal bags? Thanks.

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
I think the darker colors are your best bet. I protect my Bals with appleguard leather protectant but others do not.
In my opinion the Bal is supposed to look wrinkled and distressed and a little vintage - not perfect or pristine - it is rocker chic not "ladies who lunch" - others might disagree with me but I thnk as a Bal gets "roughed up" it looks and feels better. I have older Bals that still look great - I just mositrize a little on the corners - the actual leather is very stong and sort of stretches with wear

imlvholic

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Both colors are gorgeous, even if you already got a black bag, Bal Black esp the City is a Classic of all Classics. You can't go wrong w/ Anthra either, it's also a very versatile color. I got both & enjoy them so much.

In terms of the leather, you can pick a smooth leather. For me, the wrinklier the leather the more I love it. So, it all depends on your preference, they only get better & softer the older it gets.

Go for it!:tup::tup::tup: You will want more, guaranteed!