I visited Saint Tropez - in Tokyo! Lots of pics & THE most unusual reveal!!!

Expat

Carole
Jun 25, 2008
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin...

I was asked to come to a very special, invitation-only event in my local Chanel :yahoo:. The event was last night.

After a month of pondering what to wear (I have no "posh" clothes, let alone any Chanel) I decided on neat dark jeans tucked into my Chanel boots, a plain black jumper, my Russian Doll necklace and my red caviar maxi. I dismissed adding to this with Chanel earrings as being to OTT for me.

I needn't have worried - if I wanted to see OTT head to toe Chanel fashionistas (victims?) I was at the right place :nuts:.

The staff had spent a solid 48 hours turning the store into a copy of the Cruise 2011 runway, complete with droolworthy Harleys, postcards, background photos and all sorts!

Slight stumbling block before I got in as I forgot to take my invitation with me (doh!) and it took a while for them to find someone who knew me - the manager and my SA came out to apologise profusely for leaving me out in the rain...

I was handed a wristband and a gift-ticket and in I went.

Chanel wristband wm.jpg

(I wish I knew how to put the big pics in without going through Photobox... ah well!)

I hadn't realised that shopping was permitted and I have NEVER seen so many items disappearing SO quickly :nuts:

There were some interesting bags around - iPad cases and lots and LOTS of crocs :drool:

If I had the money I would have snapped up a croc in bleu fonce - the same colour as the '06 (?) cavair. I held it, blew it a kiss and reluctantly handed it back.

In the store were a few Harleys (I do like big, sexy motorbikes :love: ) lots of giant pastel coloured dog statues (whaaa??) and a band!

Attachments

• Chanel bike.jpg
    Chanel bike.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 762
  • Chanel Cruise 2011 Band1.jpg
    Chanel Cruise 2011 Band1.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 427
  • Chanel Cruise 2011 Band3.jpg
    Chanel Cruise 2011 Band3.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 544
  • Chanel Cruise 2011 Band.jpg
    Chanel Cruise 2011 Band.jpg