I used to like ________, until __________.

jayohwhy

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I've reached the end of my 20s and looking back, I've gone through so many trends. Is anyone else like this? What things did you all used to like?

I'll start:

I used to like to carry bags only on my shoulder... Until I got tendonitis.
Then...
I used to like top handle satchels... Until I realized that it's hard to carry groceries up to my then apartment at the same time

I used to like bags covered in logos... Until I started working around observant and judgmental people who make comments and/or gossip and wanted to buy things I love but still can stay "lowkey"

I used to like only popular styles (neverfull, le pliage, speedy)... Until I started counting how many of my exact handbag I see being carried around and didn't feel "special"

I used to like impulsively buying bags on sale just because I liked the brand and wanted a "rush"... Until I ended up with colors of bags I never wore and high credit card bills to pay off

I used to like "the sak" or random canvas totes, until I met Coach.

I used to like Coach until I met LV & bal.

I used to let my bags define what I thought of myself, until I realized that shopping is a distraction and not a solution.

I used to shop around and collect different designers until I started getting (and "getting") Hermes. Now it's basically orange or nothing, and I'm significantly downsizing my bag collection.

I used to think there were real distinctions between brands like Givenchy, LV, Celine, Loewe etc until I realised all of them are owned by the same conglomerate, and I've grown more and more cynical about luxury marketing. Now I try to only support family-owned (or at least family-controlled) luxury brands, because I think having to answer to shareholders creates very short-sighted decisions that affect the end product/service.

I used to like brightly colored bags in my mid 20s until I realized they really didn't go with my wardrobe.

I used to think the more expensive the bag, the better the quality... until I bought a reasonably priced Dooney (florentine satchel) and realized it's one of my best quality bags.

I used to like Rebecca Minkoff until the quality went WAY down. Little cute details that made me want to purchase the bags were gone, and the leather is so thin now.

I used to like Rebecca Minkoff until the quality went WAY down. Little cute details that made me want to purchase the bags were gone, and the leather is so thin now.

Agree!

I used to like Michael Kors until I realized it was just way too flashy for me.

I used to like saffiano leather until I realized it feels just like plastic, and peels like it, too.

I used to like Kate Spade wallets until the quality went way down (the pebbled leather, not the boar skin).

I used to like Coach before their prices went waaaaay up for no discernible reason.