I tried to repair this ragged Saint Louis Goyard

@yoga1566 I'm happy to hear that! I keep my fingers crossed :smile:

@Grande Latte: The cobbler glue is "Kövufix", the liquid leather is from "colourlock" but there are many brands, this also applies for the acrylic paint (mine is from perfect ideaz). For getting back colour and shine I use "TRG the one Shoe Cream".
It is like a super rich leathercare with so much more colour than regular shoe creams.

Hi there!

I found this very, very, very preloved Saint Louis online for a low price and to keep my tinker-gene busy I bought it and tried my best to refurbish it.
The leather was very greyish and there were holes in all four corners, also the glacing was cracked.
It's not perfect now but I think it is pretty ok and I will enjoy using it :smile:
The unnerving part was to bring back some of the points on the edges, mix the right colour and let them look a little faded as the original ones around...Neither did my smallest brush the job, nor a toothpick. In the end I used one of my cat's whiskers (of course one he lost previousely! :biggrin:)

I don't know how to clean the fabric the inside (it's not bad, just pursuant it's age), so if s.o. has some tipps I would greatly appreciate to hear them :smile:

This is how it looked before:

View attachment 4851195View attachment 4851196View attachment 4851197View attachment 4851198View attachment 4851199

...and here it is now:

View attachment 4851200View attachment 4851201View attachment 4851203View attachment 4851204View attachment 4851206

View attachment 4851205
View attachment 4851222

You should post a video on Youtube of the whole process - I would totally watch it !!

• Love
Reactions: Ness123 and Sferics
@Grande Latte: The cobbler glue is "Kövufix", the liquid leather is from "colourlock" but there are many brands, this also applies for the acrylic paint (mine is from perfect ideaz). For getting back colour and shine I use "TRG the one Shoe Cream".
It is like a super rich leathercare with so much more colour than regular shoe creams.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing. I don't know if Goyard does refurbish their goods, but you certainly can do it yourself as a professional. I'm really inspired now.

• Thanks
  • Love
Reactions: PamW and Sferics
Thanks to everyone, thank you so much! :heart:
No one around me is very interested in bags and no one would understand why I would waste time with something like this when one could clearly buy just any new bag for a few coins :smile:
I am glad for the chance to share these little "projects" here!

What does it mean to "take in" the corners? Something sewing?
What I did is to put some thin synthetic leather from the insinde and clued it in with cobbler-glue (it stays flexible).
Then I refilled and leveled the edges from outside with liquid leather - layer upon layer - and after that I used some of the acrylic paint (mixed with a fabric-medium to keep it flexible) I used for the cracked handles to fill in some lines.

It is not very difficult, more a exercise of patience and self control :biggrin: ...All joking aside, you can do it, too! :smile:
I am AMAZED ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Sferics