I tried on the Artsy and I'm not sure I love it.....

I love the look of the Artsy and was planning to buy the azur. I went to LV the other night and tried on the MM. I feel like it came up too high under my arm... I have fairly small arms but I would need to squish it down it get it out of my under arm. :blush: The SA said it would get better once the handle softened... Is this true? Should I get the GM instead? I'm tall so I like big bags, but I feel like the GM is HUGE.

Yes, the bag gets smooshy with time and use. If you do a search, you will find other threads talking about this exact issue and you can also look at pics in the Artsy clubhouse. I have the GM and when I first bought the bag, i would hang it on a doorknob with all my stuff in it so the weight would help loosen the leather to allow the bag to naturally fold down and create a nice curve in the handle so it was more comfortable to wear on my shoulder. I have had my bag for about a year and it is by far my most used bag. It can be dressed up or down and the GM is perfect for me. Good Luck with your decision

Last edited:
When you tried on the GM did you experience the same issue w the bag opening jamming your armpit? Once the handle curves more the top of the bag will fall lower. But folding down the top of the bag is something i still need to do.

Don't get it if you don't absolutely love it.

I can honestly tell you, once it breaks in it's like a different bag!

I loved the look of artsy, but every time I tried it on, it just seemed so stiff and awkward, and fit horrible under the arm. I never bought it. Then, about 8 months ago, I found one that was really preloved at a good price, and bought it. It was FABULOUS. The handle was so soft and flexible, the canvas was much softer, it was very comfortable, and hung so much lower. So I sold it and went back toLV to get a new one to break in, myself!

Honestly, if you can make it through the few weeks of breaking in, it's a fabulous, and very comfortable bag!

Wow this is what I needed to read. I think that bag is so awesome and want to wear it but I have had challenges with thenstiffness and it being under my armpit.
I hope I can find a preloved one at a great price then I don't have to do the breaking in. 

Honestly, if you can make it through the few weeks of breaking in, it's a fabulous, and very comfortable bag![/QUOTE]

I went through the same thing, tried in on so many times and never bought it until about a year later and honestly, it was all softened up within a week and is perfect now! You can also "teach" the canvas to fold over faster, I used this thing that I use when I type that helps alleviate strain on my wrists, this long thing made of silicone and put it on the bag so that the canvas would start folding, and it worked already after one day!

The Artsy is the worst bag to try on brand new because it feels so different when it's broken in.
I felt the exact same way that you did and I was heartbroken with how horrible it felt and I walked away empty handed. Fast forward a few months,I found a preowned one at a great price , I got it ( totally forgetting the issues I had with it when I tried it on at the store ). When my bag arrived ,it felt totally different .
Ladies on TPF have broken the bag in by hanging it on a doorknob with all your things in it. It'll hang and get a larger drop so it won't rub under your armpit and get the smooshy feel you'll love .
Good luck with your decision.

Artsy is one of the best bag LV had made !
It will get soften once it's " broken in " I got
Mine last February and I can't stop using
HER ... It has a good " arch " now and it's
very Comfortable on my shoulder !!! I love it !
I think you should go for it ;) good luck !!!

I believe that the Artsy is one of the most beautiful bags ever, but some people don't like the handle at all - and then she just sits in their closets for a looong time. Still, it seems like the majority really have no problem once the bags are broken in.

I seem to have a totally different problem. I don't find the bag to be particularly uncomfortable, but just feel that it looks ridiculously huge on my small frame. It's such a shame, because she's a real beauty.

ITA with the handle breaking in nicely (with frequent use or "training camp",) canvas softening up and the strap drop widening. LVoe my Azur Artsy MM! In my morning Starbucks run before work, I always see this woman with her well-loved GM Mono Artsy...I'd say she's about 5' 7 or so, and it looks gorgeous on her! If the GM works for you, go for it!

Awwwww the Artsy is the best Mono LV ha ever made IMO .. I bought twice then sold it twice because of the arm pit issue ; but 3rd time is a charm .. I bought one last month before the increase and it's perfect to me . Just needs time to break in .i wish I could use it everyday but I teach in a HS so it's not the bag for work here .. Good luck !

I had the same problem. I got one for Christmas, didn't like the feel under my arm, exchanged it for the GM, felt it was too huge for me, then exchanged that for the Trevi. However, I still sigh whenever I see someone out there with their beautiful Artsy! I plan to try it again this winter so it can break in properly before short sleeve/sleeveless shirts could ruin it.

I had the same problem. I got one for Christmas, didn't like the feel under my arm, exchanged it for the GM, felt it was too huge for me, then exchanged that for the Trevi. However, I still sigh whenever I see someone out there with their beautiful Artsy! I plan to try it again this winter so it can break in properly before short sleeve/sleeveless shirts could ruin it.

That's a great idea! I might do the same, if I can ever get over how big it looks on me.

Thank you so much for the replies!

I did try it on empty so it had no weight in it to help pull it down.

I didn't even try on the GM because the MM really is the size I want... I don't like how wide the GM is.

I'm good at breaking bags in, I'm going to go for it! Now I'm just worried that I'll fall in LVoe and want the Mono too! :biggrin: