I travel for a living and would like to take 1 Bag - Help!

Jul 4, 2007
So I travel for work and am thus away from home for months on end. I am looking for THE bag. Something I can use everyday then maybe throw a clutch in my suitcase. I dress casually for work (mostly jeans) and tend to carry a backpack with my laptop in it. Whatever bag I purchase I would like it to be able to fit my ipad. I like the idea of something that can be carried over the shoulder, cross body and in hand. I want something not showy. No logos.

Has anyone seen the Balzane Hobo by Longchamp. Is it possibly my dream bag?

Attachments

• Balzane Hobo.jpg
    Balzane Hobo.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 922

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Thanks to you I am going to check it out IRL. I am strictly a hobo wearer and that bag, due to the front pocket, looks super functional. I just want to check out how light it is to carry. I say :tup:

renee_nyc

O.G.
Dec 2, 2011
The Hayden Harnett Ibiza was my go-to bag when I was on the road all the time. It's big enough to fit a 15" laptop but it's nice and flat so it doesn't feel too big. It can be worn a few ways to make it seem smaller and has lots of pockets to organize stuff. And in terms of strap, it can be crossbody, over the shoulder and by hand.

It's my perfect travel bag - it's like but durable and there is a sleeve that can hold files or a computer.
http://haydenharnett.com/ibiza-convertible-flight-tote-black--16131

Fallen4bags

Nov 11, 2011
That Longchamp looks beautiful and very practical!

You might also want to check out these custom bags by Mims Maine. The three-way meets all of your criteria and can also be worn as a back pack. It comes in three sizes and features, leather, and hardware can be customized to your preference.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MimsMaine?section_id=7729097
I am thinking of the 1910 waxed canvas tote. Does anyone own a Mim's bag and how does it hold up. They sure look nice on the site. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
The Longchamp you chose looks like it might be the ticket. I'm partial to hobos myself and if the size was large enough, the bag looks like it is really easy to access, and easy to keep on the shoulder. The convertible strap is a plus too.

I'd get it if it was at least 15" across.... during work on the go, you need enough room for last minute papers/literature, lunch, a bottled drink, maybe even a light sweater.

Jul 2, 2012
The Hayden Harnett Ibiza was my go-to bag when I was on the road all the time. It's big enough to fit a 15" laptop but it's nice and flat so it doesn't feel too big. It can be worn a few ways to make it seem smaller and has lots of pockets to organize stuff. And in terms of strap, it can be crossbody, over the shoulder and by hand.

It's my perfect travel bag - it's like but durable and there is a sleeve that can hold files or a computer.
http://haydenharnett.com/ibiza-convertible-flight-tote-black--16131

That sure seems like a great bag. It seems better than Longchamp Le Pliage but i got the Le Pliage because its waterproof. Do you know if it's waterproof?

renee_nyc

O.G.
Dec 2, 2011
I'm pretty sure it's water proof, it's a heavy, tough nylon. I've used it in all sorts of weather (from snowy, freezing Moscow to dry, sunny Delhi to rainy Berlin) and it's held up really well. The versatility is good as well - folds up but unlike the le Pliage, you can still carry stuff in it when it's folded.

That sure seems like a great bag. It seems better than Longchamp Le Pliage but i got the Le Pliage because its waterproof. Do you know if it's waterproof?

Jul 2, 2012
I'm pretty sure it's water proof, it's a heavy, tough nylon. I've used it in all sorts of weather (from snowy, freezing Moscow to dry, sunny Delhi to rainy Berlin) and it's held up really well. The versatility is good as well - folds up but unlike the le Pliage, you can still carry stuff in it when it's folded.

Hmmm, I haven't used Le Pliage yet. Still with tags on. Maybe I should return & get the HH.

enga4

E.N.G.A.T.5.
Apr 25, 2009
A word of advice: I would look for an HH Ibiza on eBay or bonanza, op.

The company's been through some recent ownership changes, and many bags are now "made to order," which can add a month or longer to your wait time. Plus, the earlier ibizas might have better materials, def better leather trim. People have mentioned that some of the new items that they're producing have a terrible chemical smell that does not dissipate.

All of that said, I have the red nylon a black trim Ibiza, and I love it! It really is a great, chic bag (hard to find in that size and nylon, no less!).