I Took The Plunge With Ac Mid City Tote

cgsprings

O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the ac mid city tote in taupe from shopbop and used the code for $50.00 off. It's not as much as luna boston but they didn't have it in taupe (which I HOPE I like since I've been agonizing over what color to order). Anyway, here it is and what do you all think: good decision or not so good?
img_dot.jpg
zoom_addtnlviews.gif
img_dot.jpg
Zoom_dots.gif
Zoom_dots.gif
img_dot.jpg
annac2003211876_prod_zoom_front.jpg

i like their city bags but the color im not sure of but if you like it thats all that matters...how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking...the reason i ask is b/c shopbop is known for upping their prices which is why i don't order from them

was $403 but bought for $353 and free shipping. I know what you mean about the color....I'm indecisive myself but I thought gunmetal (on luna boston) is too shiny, the glazed are also too shiny for me (maybe...watch, I'll end up returning the taupe and ordering glazed from luna boston - indecision keeps me very busy) and I already have plain black and butterscotch in mini city....I will def. report back and let you know about color, size, etc.

cgsprings, so you did it!!! Congrats! Unfortunately I cannot help you with the color. But if you already own a butterscotch, then you know you can handle a light colored bag, right?

If you are still worried, can you order one from lunaboston and then return the one you don't want?

I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I love the natural look/finish of this leather, and I hope it holds up well for you (maybe some protectant would help ward off stains/discoloration)?

I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I love the natural look/finish of this leather, and I hope it holds up well for you (maybe some protectant would help ward off stains/discoloration)?

Someone on the other thread I started said she had this color in the regular city tote and it is holding up just fine..not dirty at all. It's so hard to tell the actual color and type of leather from the pictures....oh well, next Wed. it should be delivered and I will def. post my opinion!!

The color looks great- very versatile! Please also let us know if it fits comfortably over the shoulder... I spoke to someone today who said she thinks it does not :sad:

Sorry I never posted. The bag arrived in not pristine condition. The leather had scratches, a sticky spot and a black thread coming out of the handle so I packed it right back up and returned it. On one hand, I was disappointed because the size of the bag is PERFECT but I wasn't crushed because the color didn't wow me as much as I hoped. Now my plan is that unless there is a SUPER sale somewhere, I will wait till the new colors come out next month but one thing for sure: I WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER!!!! I WISH AC WOULD MAKE THIS SIZE IN BUTTERSCOTCH (AC: ARE YOU LISTENING?????) LOL!!