I took a chance today...with my appearance

1. So...I went to get a inch of hair trimmed and the girl who did it had such pretty very subtle highlights on her ash brown hair, close to my color. I have been afraid of upkeep of highlights, so I have avoided color like the plague. I never can do a thing with my very fine straight mousy brown hair. I've been through it ALL over decades. It will not style. It sits at shoulder length and that's that. I leave it alone and it leaves me alone. I am thinning at temples..age and hereditary :0(
    Not noticable but there.

She suggested a bit of layers just at bottom, I said ok go ahead. I asked about her highlights and she explained they were a foil. I asked if I needed an appointment and she said she could do right then. UM OK?? So I said WHAT THE HECK- lets DO it. She is such a sweetie and I now have a new hairdresser. I asked for just a little around my hairline. Just to ease in.

I have to say this old tired *wayyyyyyy over 40* ;) year old looks like she had almost a makeover. I have subtle golden threads framing my face and it doesn't look cheesy or frosted like I had feared.

See, I'm struggling to lose some weight and exercise and it's going slow. My metabolism is DOA even with exercise, and these few lbs lost have been a struggle. I need little boosts for my self esteem. I'd post a pic but I'm not photogenic and it's hard to photograph.

It looks really cute!!! I had to call my honey to tell him his wife was a stone cold fox - LOL. He can't wait to get home (late today) to see. Guess it was fate. I needed a change. I never would have believed it could look ok on me. Very subtle but definitely there. Made my day! YAY
    Thanks for sharing with me. I can't wait 'til my honey, my best friend and my stepdaughter see me. I have the hair products to preserve the color, and I think this is my new look. :biggrin: It was a GREAT day!

2. Hooray!!! Its amazing what a new hairstyle can do for the esteem!
    Especially when you take a chance and they actually get it right!!!
    I'm sure you look beautiful!

3. yay it sounds like you love your new hair, which is a relief after taking a big chance like that.......i'm sure you look fabulous and your husband will be all over you ;)

4. How exciting!!! It is the best feeling when you walk out the salon feeling fabulous; especially after taking a risk on the color and cut. I am so happy for you! :biggrin:

5. Good for you. I bet you look nice.

6. Wonderful post, young lady (well, I can give you a few years :biggrin: )

7. That's fabulous! I'm glad you just did it!
    It's amazing what soemthing that seems like so little can lift you so much!

8. HOOORAY, I bet your look gorgeous, have fun with your new hairstyle!!:biggrin:

9. That's awesome! Thanks for telling the story, made me smile :smile:

10. Congrads on your new hair and good luck with the weight loss. Wish you all the best and enjoy!!

11. From another Over 40 : it takes a lot of motivation and courage to admit Oprah is not going to bust down our door to give us a makeover, and that we need to take charge and do it ourselves! A new haircut, a little exercise, an in-home facial, a new jacket or little something and (of course) a fabulous new handbag will do wonders. Go for it - it only gets better! :biggrin:

12. Yay to taking a chance!!!

13. And from another over 40: I'm so happy for your great day and courage to try new things. I started out with a couple of highlights in February and last week I said enough already, give me a full foil and now I am having so much fun being blonder ( especially since I got a way too short hair cut a few months ago).

14. LOL You are such a sweetheart! Congratulations girl! Pictures maybe?

15. good for you. glad to hear you had a great experience and that you're feeling great about yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice