I thought I would be happy with just one but I was wrong...

Does anyone have the same feeling? I just got my first and second birkin last night, my DH brought it back on a day trip to Tokyo. Now less than 12 hours I'm already planning on how to get more. Even my DH have change his idea of thinking as well, before it was 'whats the big deal its just a bag I rather get you another watch' now its like I'll bring you next time when I go I won't do a day trip we'll stay overnight if you go too. I think its the treatment he got in Japan, he said 10 people (he was at one of the department stores so H people and department store people from tax refund to buying a suitcase for the boxes) helped him yesterday he felt like a king, in hong kong I've stopped trying to even go in because I know I wont be able to get one but he's been committed lately to go into every H store he could find even when overseas so I guess he's had the 'no birkins, no waitlist, eyes rolling treatment'...H has this magnetism I can't explain even my 2 year old said Handbag mine! Now my plan this morning is to have a glass cabinet and sort them by color and size, I think I'm really hooked now, I'm already assuming I'm getting more even though I don't know how I'm going to get my next one yet.

Please do a reveal! I love seeing other women excited about their H purchases. No sexual connotations meant here :lol: Even though someone on here reveals something that I already own I still get excited seeing it. It's very easy to get addicted to H bags, scarves and jewelry. I told my husband that I only wanted 3 more Birkins, 2 Kellys and 2 Kelly pochettes and then I'm done! Now I'm not too sure!

Girl!!! Do I know what you mean!!! I feel your pain! I got my first one last year in Aug. and now have 10. Craziness!!! I'll do a reveal soon. I redid my closet 2 yrs ago (before the H addiction) and want to redo it again - only this time with glass cabinets for my bags. Being on the Purse Forum does not help. I keep wanting more and more. But with my lifestlye -stay-at-home mommy - I can't justify getting anymore. I'd like to have a rainbow of H items. Wait til you fall in love with the shawls!!! I want about 20!
I have a bearn wallet and a dogon wallet, now I've got my eye on a kelly wallet. It never ends!!!!

I'm at stay at home mom too... I got my first H leather piece two weeks ago a blue kelly wallet... I was out the other day with my DH ...he was like you know what I know why its expensive coz its for ppl with more time on their hands and can afford these... I asked him why ... he said ... it takes you over a minute just to open that to get a card out while everyone else is waiting for you to pay...

I'll do a reveal my camera had no batteries when the bags got here now the lighting is really bad today

Does it really take you forever to get into the kelly wallet??? That was why I didn't get it the first time around. I settled for the dogon, which I have never used!!! I love how there's 6 credit card slots on ea side of the Kelly wallet. Someone mentioned that your wallet should be like your lingerie. I love that idea!!!! So now I want to get a lizard kelly in a beautiful bright color. Ha!! Not that my lingerie is lizard or bright...

H is a lifelong matter. You will have your "in" phase and your "out" phase. It's been like this for me for a very very long time. After a while, there will be something that drags you back in....just when you thought you didn't need anything. New color, new style, etc. With me it has really been a discovery of sizes that work and styles that don't work. At least now, after all this time, I know what works and what doesn't.

I know exactly what you mean. I've been buying the scarves for many years, but got
my first Birkin (30 gold togo, ghw) and thought that was it. Wrong! I've gotten two
more since...:nuts:

Boy, do I ever know what you mean! I ordered my first Birkin about two weeks ago, don't even have it yet, and bought two more this weekend. I am sooooo excited! I'm already listing all the others I want. It is a pleasant sickness, isn't it?

I think you've been surfing too much on TPF. :roflmfao: I am serious!!! I felt that way too when I was trying to research the different colours and leather for my first Birkin. After getting my first one which was just recently, I want another one and just placed a SO but ... I have been so busy lately so haven't really surf around too much plus I finally familiarize myself with some of the H lingo and that really made me want another one a lot LESS than I thought.

I started off with scarves, some accessories, then bags.....Somehow I want more and more. It did not help at all when I found myself a really nice and helpful SA who would call me when the items I mentioned before arrives...

both of the ones i just got are 30cm... i just went out for lunch there were 2 ladies each with a 35 now i think my 30 is too small ... but my DH said your's stand up better and your color is nicer ... i think he was just saying that ... he was offered that venetian red and a bleu abysse in 35 yesterday but the SA said the prune 30 was better oh well ... my next one will have to be bigger i'm 5'7 so it feels small ... i guess can't complain since i never ordered or anything...japan really does have more choices there was a soleil shoulder kelly even my DH said that was nice ... 32cm black kelly , 30cm chocolate birkin, prune 30cm (mine), gold 30, coffee color 35, bleu 35, venetian red 35, black 25, gold 25, even the ostrich ...fuschia (mine), vert anis 30, beige 30 ... its crazy ... but its much more than US or europe... since I have idea when I will get to go to paris which is a 10 hr flight ... whereas Japan we could do a daytrip... and this time he used his miles.. no hotel he was back in 22 hrs ... i guess... better than going to paris for a week which with the time and travel its actually just 5 days and air ticket + hotel ... that should be the difference for me paying for the extra in Japan ...haha trying to justify for going to Tokyo again ...

Attachments

• fb.jpg
    fb.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 108
  • prune.jpg
    prune.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 115
  • cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 235
U r so lucky...... With a lovely husband and daughter. Congrads for the lovely bags. Sounds good that japan have great choices of birkins , even 35cm. Trying to convience my hubby to go there next April. Hope to find my loves there.

Also trying to conivence him to buy me my first birkin, as his thought is the same ad yourhusband before that he rather get another watch for that price he is paying. I m waiting for a call for my local H store, but no luck yet

Last edited: