I thought I heard a baby crying.

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
As I'm sitting here at my computer near the window I hear a terrible scream. Someone's crying. Very shrilled sounding and I totally think it's a baby in harms way or something. I was about to go out the house to look around and call the cops or something but then I turned off my TV and listened closely.. The cries are not of that of a baby, but of a cat having sex!! :roflmfao::roflmfao: Poor kitty, I've been hearing this cat wailing for a good 10 minutes already!!

HAHA....as soon as I read the title of this thread I thought, "I bet this is going to be cat reproduction taking place" :roflmfao:

They sound like they hate it don't they?? :P

oh yeah, its that time of year. and it is painful for the female because the males penis is barbed so when he pulls it out, "ouch"! thats why the female turns around after and takes a big swat at him...

Who knew?! :wtf:

This is no doubt a stupid question, but why would a penis be barbed?

good question. cats are induced ovulators meaning they need stimulation in order to release an egg. When the male bites the back of the neck of the female to keep her still during copulation, this will induce but not always. Therefore the withdrawing of the penis may also induce ovulation. The first time doesn't always do it either so a female may have many males breed with her and the outcome is lots of kitties with different daddy's.