I thought I got a great deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but now I think I may have just gotten ripped off.
By some magical chance I just happened to go into Last Call Neiman Marcus for the first time in forever and found a pair of leather nude colored Louboutins! They are a half size too big, but at original price of $735 and then marked down and then with 30% off they rang up as $231, and I just couldn't resist. I asked the girl that rang me up why they could be so cheap and she said she knows they have had them a while and they could be damaged or the wrong size or something. So I left happy and feeling like I had just robbed the store!
Well now upon closer inspection and comparing them to my black Decolletes, I'm not so sure they are even real.
-First of all, the SKU on the box doesn't match the one on my receipt. And I just saw on my receipt they rang up as Ferragamo. Wtf?
-The box says calf Prorata. But when I Google that shoe, all the nude ones are patent leather, which mine aren't. And they definitely aren't calf hair.
-The red on the bottom of these shoes just seems TOO red...I feel like when I compare them to my original pair, they just don't seem quite the same color.
-The pain on the sole has areas in the arch where the paint looks like it was really thick and sort of smudged? I don't know of a better way to describe it.
-The heel tap and areas where the sole and shoe are put together just looks like bad craftsmanship. The box didn't come with extra heel taps either.
-And finally, what REALLY made me suspicious is the dustbag...It's like red orange, not red. And it seems very worn or just cheap...it feels different.

I'm thinking somebody could have worn these and then returned them? Or what if someone bought them, replaced the real ones with a fake pair and returned those? Maybe that's a little much..

Either way, you ladies know a lot more about this than I do. Do you think these are real and just worn or old? What style are these anyway? Should I try to return them or just keep them for $231?

35b9pp3.jpg

The outside of the box.

20rnxnq.jpg

2hxq342.jpg

In the box, exactly how they came.

1zl5b14.jpg

Bottom of the shoe. No matching numbers, or SKU or anything.

nun9j.jpg

Just doesn't look like Louboutin quality.

kcfrzo.jpg

Bottom of the shoe again. Not sure if you can really tell, but the paint looks a lot thicker on the Louboutin logo on these, than the ones on my shoes.

33vlttj.jpg

Random number?

ve9634.jpg

Inside

nbzmki.jpg

This heel tap just looks odd to me.

2uo5a29.jpg

Definitely someone's pinky toe indention.

oazz3d.jpg

More signs of wear?

2gso0ax.jpg

Guess which one is the suspect!!

I just don't knowww.. If they are real, any imperfections is perfectly fine with me for the price, and I'll be able to wear them daily without obsessively making sure I'm not messing them up. But if they're fake, that just won't do.

Thank you so much for all your help, girls! I hope my post and pictures are okay and in the right place :smile:

They do look real to me. But, I'm thinking they might have been a display pair, which were too badly worn in to be sold at rrp. That kind of explains the pinky toe stretch, while the sole is unworn.... just my two cents. I think you got a bargain :smile:

They're real. Nothing wrong with them.

Sole - perfect. CL has changed the red sole in the past. Maybe your decollete were the old ones.
Leather - you should know that CL has various textures, leathers, and fabrics for the same style. Just cuz you didn't see it on Google, doesn't mean anything.
Dustbag - looks fine
Receipt - does it really matter if it says Ferragamo? Department stores do not always use the same CL SKU.
Other small imperfections - the reason why you got them at Last Call for about 60% off

Sole - perfect. CL has changed the red sole in the past. Maybe your decollete were the old ones.
Leather - you should know that CL has various textures, leathers, and fabrics for the same style. Just cuz you didn't see it on Google, doesn't mean anything.
Dustbag - looks fine
Receipt - does it really matter if it says Ferragamo? Department stores do not always use the same CL SKU.
Other small imperfections - the reason why you got them at Last Call for about 60% off
ITA with this, I don't see anything wrong about them, they were at an Outlet Store which means they have been places, probably bought,returned and tried on... and that's why they were discounted.

I agree with other posters here-they certainly look authentic. They look worn, perhaps a return. Calf is the leather, a matte finish.

Prorata style looks the same as yours so I wouldn't worry it's just your one has a wooden heel. Diff stores get different variations/colours materials of the same style.
If you love the colour and they fit I would keep them
The bags come in slightly diff reds depending on which year it is released.
Agree with the others - The signs of wear/display pair ppl try them on lots are prob why they were heavily discounted but the sole has no signs of wear
Think you got a bargain x

Dustbag - looks fine

this. all in a nutshell

Status
Not open for further replies.