I think you will think I am crazy but...

it was delivered on sat but i was at a soccer game with the family. and just so you all know, next day packages with ups, since there is a guarenteed delivery time, require a signature. keep this in mind the next time you order next day. so, ups did not leave the package. and since it is next day, it will be delivered before 10:30 am Monday, guarenteed. alas, i will be in class (and i'm not skipping, finals week) and they won't leave because of that signature requirement - even though i told them it would be okay. i will have to wait until tuesday when i can buzz over to ups right before class in that 8 - 9 am window while they are open. if the kids are slow in the morning, i will not make that window and will have to wait until the evening.
things to remember from this:
1. don't have a signature required restriction - don't have guarenteed delivery unless you are home all the time or you have a doorman or other service person
2. someone in the above links said that all you need is an address and not a tracking number for information - had i read this before saturday morning, i might have skipped the soccer game.

sorry for the wait, but i appreciate all the pounding hearts/sweating palms out there. i am just hoping to pull this off without having to have the hubby and the ups man meet.

kathleen said:
it was delivered on sat but i was at a soccer game with the family. and just so you all know, next day packages with ups, since there is a guarenteed delivery time, require a signature. keep this in mind the next time you order next day. so, ups did not leave the package. and since it is next day, it will be delivered before 10:30 am Monday, guarenteed. alas, i will be in class (and i'm not skipping, finals week) and they won't leave because of that signature requirement - even though i told them it would be okay. i will have to wait until tuesday when i can buzz over to ups right before class in that 8 - 9 am window while they are open. if the kids are slow in the morning, i will not make that window and will have to wait until the evening.
things to remember from this:
1. don't have a signature required restriction - don't have guarenteed delivery unless you are home all the time or you have a doorman or other service person
2. someone in the above links said that all you need is an address and not a tracking number for information - had i read this before saturday morning, i might have skipped the soccer game.

sorry for the wait, but i appreciate all the pounding hearts/sweating palms out there. i am just hoping to pull this off without having to have the hubby and the ups man meet.

That totally sucks that you missed it Sat! :sad: Hmm...maybe you can pick it up at UPS on the way home from class tomorrow so you don't have to worry about rushing the kids in the morning on Tuesday?

Working on it - UPS has short public hours, 1 hour from 9am to 10 am (or MICROECON class for me) here, but the man on the phone somewhere in telesupport land said that he would try to arrange a will call pickup for me. One more comment. There is no local phone number and the posted business hours for this office keep changing everytime I call the 800 number. And i am not going to skip class to pick up a bag. I should just go haunt the warehouse until someone takes pity on me.

To all you uninitiated UPS people out there, that means that they will let you come by during non-business hours and pick your stuff up. Supposedly they will call within the hour to arrange our meeting. This is turning into quite a lesson in shipping info. So, I am working on it. Kim wrote me on Sunday, worried that she hadn't heard from me. When i emailed back about missing them on Saturday, she emailed me again on sunday to see if there was anything she could do. I dare say she is more excited than i am. What great customer service, though. I know the favorite around here is Joseph, but Kim, I think, is just remarkable. Really great SA.

okay - just got off the phone with the ups lady. They don't do will call pickup, ever. The freakin' place is just closed during the day. So tonight, I will buzz over there before I pick up the kids at 5pm but i won't even be able to open the box until tomorrow. Oh, i guess, i might just peek at it in the parking lot. So, no pics until tomorrow. Don't feel too bad - I will open the box with the camera beside me.

kathleen said:
okay - just got off the phone with the ups lady. They don't do will call pickup, ever. The freakin' place is just closed during the day. So tonight, I will buzz over there before I pick up the kids at 5pm but i won't even be able to open the box until tomorrow. Oh, i guess, i might just peek at it in the parking lot. So, no pics until tomorrow. Don't feel too bad - I will open the box with the camera beside me.

Yay! Can't wait to see your pics tomorrow! if you do take a peek tonight, please post whatcha got! We are all soooo excited for you!:yahoo: