I think you big bag lovers are starting to get to me....

tanukiki

Stupid Lamb
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
I looked at myself in the mirror in the elevator yesterday. I was wearing my medium choc sig Carly. Even though I have no need for a bigger bag (don't need any more room really), I thought to myself "maybe a large Carly would look better than this medium." :confused1: I so can't get another Carly right now. I wonder if I were to sell my Carly if DH would notice my bag had grown? Probably. Things I want him to notice, he doesn't. Things I don't want him to notice, he does. :rolleyes:

I had the large carly and even though I love big bags it was too much for me. I spent a lot of time digging in it for things. If the medium works for what you carry, I would hang on to it. Its a lovely bag!

There are good uses for both bags - if you can't get both then you need to decide what is more important - functionality for your life and how it looks. sometimes we can get both but we all know that sometimes we can't!! And that is no fun! Luckily the carly is pretty and functional. do you need the extra space or do you just want it because you think it might look better on you??

I so can't get another Carly right now. I wonder if I were to sell my Carly if DH would notice my bag had grown? Probably. Things I want him to notice, he doesn't. Things I don't want him to notice, he does. :rolleyes:

Haha! Isn't that always the case! I would say get what is best for you & what YOU want ~ you deserve it! He'll still love you anyway & should realize that you deserve any bag you want, bigger bag or not ;) Although I have known Coach discussions to cause some arguments between me & the bf... haha

Maybe you could go and try one on. I love big bags but when I tried on the large Carly--well, she was a whole lotta bag for me! I just felt like it overwhelmed me, and I'm of average size. Do you need to carry more things or is it more how it looks? Good luck!

I know what you mean, I get second guessing my choices all the time. :tdown: I agree with the other girls, what are your needs? I think the medium carly looks smaller but is a great size to hold things.. I am 5'10" and still think the large carly is huge and I would be digging for my things constantly, but I don't carry a ton.

I know I know...the large is probably too big for my needs but my medium was just looking small yesterday. I'm having a really crappy life right now so I guess I'm taking it out on my bags too :crybaby:

I think the large looks better on me, but I am not a small person. With the purse organizer it isn't so bad getting things in and out. But, I know the medium is easier to deal with. I want a medium to go along with my large!

With big bags I have a system for how i put things in, and I never have a problem with things getting 'lost'.
At the bottom I put bigger things that I may not need as often - like an umbrella. Then a water bottle. Makeup case and whatever 'daily things' that need to be used constantly end up on top. In the zip pocket goes my mini skinny, phone, lip gloss, keys. If I have a wristlet it loops nice through the hardware on the Carly so it dangles inside or if I need it I pull it out.

I never have problems with a big bag this way!

With big bags I have a system for how i put things in, and I never have a problem with things getting 'lost'.
At the bottom I put bigger things that I may not need as often - like an umbrella. Then a water bottle. Makeup case and whatever 'daily things' that need to be used constantly end up on top. In the zip pocket goes my mini skinny, phone, lip gloss, keys. If I have a wristlet it loops nice through the hardware on the Carly so it dangles inside or if I need it I pull it out.

I never have problems with a big bag this way!
i know exactly what you are saying and that is the reason i am considering the slim carly. i know it does not have enough width but overall the dimensions are bigger than the medium.

I know I know...the large is probably too big for my needs but my medium was just looking small yesterday. I'm having a really crappy life right now so I guess I'm taking it out on my bags too :crybaby:

Aww it's ok! PM me if you want to vent, I'm a good listener.

I'm feeling kinda junky lately but it's definitely not the answer to take it out on your bags (and thus, your credit card). I'm returning a few impulse buy purchases that I thought would make me feel better but didn't.

And if in a few days you really want the large Carly...trade up! Just don't do it in the midst of feeling bad or you might regret it later.