I think we should all avoid Ebay...

kerilynn3

Jan 31, 2008
And set up an alternative system where we can buy sells bags and accessories in a safe environment.
I know you can do it on tPF, but isn't it a bit exclusive? If you look at some European countries, many have fashion sites that are similar to Ebay and do really well. In the UK we have a payment company called Nochex, which is a rival to Paypal (which we used in the UK in the dinosaur days before Paypal accepted Switch payments!).

It is possible. I just wish someone would invent it so Ebay and Paypal would stop being the money hungry unfair, criminal activity obliging arse heads that they are!!
:tup:

You can use e-Crater it's completely free to sell. Then link Google Checkout or any payment option. The downside is that it does not look for customers for you. Ebay does and that's why it charges you fees.

I think I am just going to be more careful about what I buy and give generously to charity shops when I get bored of an item.
They can give you a receipt and it is a tax deduction...at least!!

I think we need a more credible site for online auctions and stuff. Yeah, I do agree that TPF's marketplace is kinda exclusive, i.e. need to attain certain thread posts in order to qualify. I hope it's a free for all thingy though.

^ The whole point of it is so that we don't have scammers joining tPF to participate in the marketplace. It's not ideal, but it does offer some form of protection for PFers on the marketplace.

I do look for things apart from eBay, but then that's also the place with the most goodies. Shopping online is sooooooooooooo bad :sweatdrop:

Easy enough you quit like I did! Quit ebay and paypal, enough is enough! Think of the time and effort wasted on ebay and paypal and you end up adding years to your life!! And they don't give a rat's behind if you do quit because there are lots more suckers to take our place!!

I am always suprised by the amount of people on this thread who get scammed! Maybe I don't buy as much items that are easy knock-offs. I have been buying and selling for 6 years on Ebay and until last week, have never had a major problem.

I have looked into the other auction sites and frankly, they are pretty lame. Yes, Ebay is a hotbed of scammers, but they have a worldwide audience. They are huge! before Ebay, where were we able to sell our high-end items and make a few $$$? A garage sale?? Ha! You would get nothing for it then.
That is just my opinion. I am not ready to quit my Ebay habit just yet. I can find too many good deals there and run my own mommy business. :smile:

I wish there were an alternative to Ebay that got as much traffic as they do. I just sold a bag and Feebay and Paypal made a total of $61.87. I made $53.13. I had to list the bag 4 times before it sold, and they made more profit than I did! UGH!!!!:cursing: