I think my purchase got lost in the mail- what do I do?

SpoilMeRotten

=^..^=
Jan 3, 2008
I bought some pandora beads on ebay while I was on vacation. I was having my mail held until I got back, with the option to have it all delivered upon my return. It didn't come with the rest of my held mail, so I checked the tracking number online. It said that a noticed had been left on 7/8:

"We attempted to deliver your item at 9:39 AM on July 8, 2009 in ****, MI and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to Redelivery redirect page, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

I didn't have a notice with my mail, so I first went to my apt's leasing office to see if they received anything- they did not. Then I called the USPS 800# to set up a redelivery (it wouldnt let me do it online since I didnt have the conf. # from the notice). They said I would get it the next day. This was last week. Then monday I called again and they said it would be redelivered Tues, but it never came. Today I called again and they transferred me to my local post office- they advised that they did not have the package, and that it was never scanned in as being "delivered" or "returned to sender", so they didnt know where it could be:sad:

I've never had a package go missing so I have no idea what to do! Do I file something with paypal? The seller obviously sent the items so its not her fault, its the post office... does paypal cover that? Do i need to ask to seller to file an insurance claim? Or it that my job? The items cost around $350 and it was insured. I've been looking around the usps, ebay and paypal sites all morning and I have no idea where to go with this. I've emailed the seller but she hasnt gotten back to me yet. Any help with this would be appreciated!!

Go into your post office with a print out of the tracking number and tracking results and your photo ID and see if they can locate it for you at that time. Don't mention anything about asking for re-delivery or being told that the parcel is missing.

If they can't find it once you're there in person, then you can ask them what your next steps are.

Go into your post office with a print out of the tracking number and tracking results and your photo ID and see if they can locate it for you at that time. Don't mention anything about asking for re-delivery or being told that the parcel is missing.

If they can't find it once you're there in person, then you can ask them what your next steps are.

I agree, once this happened to me, I never got an orange slip, so I just printed out the tracking and went there and it was there on a shelf.

Still not here... I called my PO again today and spoke to someone else, they too said that it was not there- but they took my phone# and said they would "talk to the carrier" so hopefully i will hear something back. I have a crazy schedule and dont work near my PO so i wont be able to get up there until Sat... hopefully it is somehow there, im so stressed over this!

You might also try this...

When can I call Track and Confirm's customer service?

Call 1-800-222-1811
M-F - 7:30am - 10:30pm ET
Sat/Sun/Holiday - 9:00am - 8:00pm ET

I had a package go awry once... was on it's way to UK, but 2 days later said delivered in Colorado. I did call this 800#, they initiated an investigation, and a day or two later tracking showed it headed to UK. May take you several attempts tho to find a rep willing to help and start an investigation. And they will, I am sure, advise you to contact your local PO, so explain that you already have and local PO cannot locate it even tho the online tracking says it's there.