I think my new SMM is too small for me

Sukey

Feb 6, 2008
I got a glossy purple SMM...LOVE the color, but I think the bag is a little small for me. The large SM looks huge on some of the pix that Ive seen, but maybe they are just petite ladies modeling them lol. I have to decide if I want to keep this, return it, or sell it.....I still want a bag this color though

My apple LMM came...that seems a better size....the only bummer is the bottom corners haves some scuffs (they look white) but Im guessing with use that would happen anyway. Can I try some Apple Care conditioner on it? I havent Apple Garde'd it yet

Hey Sukey! Was the glossy purple SMM bespoke? I am sure you would have be problem selling it, but why don't you fill it with your stuff and keep it for a day or two? The SM really does look huge to me, but maybe the way it drapes makes a big difference in look. I'm sorry it's not what you thought it would be :sad:

I apple garded my LMM (apple gard for apple green...kinda funny!). I'm sure it would be fine...I guess the corners do get a little scuffed..I didn't really notice anything on mine, but I wasn't looking as carefully...I imagine it will get corner scuffs one way or another, but the lighter color will help. The corners on my matte dark grey are very noticeable until I condition them!

How tall are you Sukey? I have a SM in both med. and large. The large does seem a bit big on me but I don't mind as it's so light weight and just smooshes around my body. I'm 5'3".
Oh, I did the whole Apple routine on my BE's and I swear after the Apple Care they came out softer.

I have the regular Stroke Me in the original Choco (dusty). I'm 5'6" and never would have considered the Stroke Me Medium -- the proportions of the medium SM just don't look right for me, or to me. I don't find the regular Stroke Me to be a large bag. It is designed just right. If you don't like it, can you return it? Or is it a bespoke? If so, someone on ebay will snap it right up.

IMO this highlights, that it's not just about the size of the bag, and what your size and height is, but rather your expectations of how the bag should 'look', and how it sits on YOU, complements your clothing and style, and fits your purpose that also counts. We are all different shapes and sizes, that makes it so much more difficult to determine, what style/shape suits who the best. Sukey, I hope you can find a solution to your predicament! Was it a bespoke? ;)

Wasn't a bespoke (that I know of)--I wanted a purple smm and Jackie said she had some coming in....
I'm just shy of 5'4...but Im about a size 12 so maybe I can wear a bigger bag

i'm 5'7" wearing a size 10 (my hubby says I am more like 5'6" -we argue) and the SMM i think looks good on me. I think my SM Tan is huge! I think it is because I normally never carry a bag that size, but I am really loving it because like h82bl82 says, it kind of goes around my body!

I do think you should give it a try...I think the color is lovely and the style is TDF. Honestly, I know you would have a few buyers if you decide against it-but I do think it will grow on you. you should be OK.

maybe tomorrow....Im only taking a short break right now...gotta get the house cleaned in case my mom comes here to stay for a while (recovering from surgery)....
I think I was imagining the smm would be similar to the Kooba Elisha, but it looks smaller on me than I though it would

hey sukey, I am worried that my bespoke purple smm will be too small on me too. i just really wanted something in that color so i jumped on the bandwagon! i'm 5'8" and a size 10. i thought that since purple is kind of a loud color it would look better on a smaller bag? I'm just not sure, but I do have a feeling I will be ebaying mine when I get it. We'll see, it was shipped today. So the LMM is bigger then the SMM?

I'm 5'5 and 3/4 to be precise lol and a size 4-7 and I think the SMM is perfect for me! I took her out for her first whirl today. I have the kooba elisha you're talking about and you're right about it being a tad less space but it didn't bother me since I always put the same amount of stuff in pretty much every bag. So for both my LMM and SMM I put the exact same stuff in each and the space seemed fine. I usully have a really large wallet, a fairly large cosmetic tokidoki bag, cell, and sunglass case in there as bare necessities. I like the drop is larger than the elisha so it's less up my armpit lol

We'll give honest opinions when you post Sukey! Everyone's body type is different and for me it's perfect. I couldn't imagine the large on me.

Sukey, hmmm...my LM Midi Dark Grey arrived with four scuffed corners, but my Apply Green Glossy LMM has perfect corners with NO scuffs or whitish areas.

I got a glossy purple SMM...LOVE the color, but I think the bag is a little small for me. The large SM looks huge on some of the pix that Ive seen, but maybe they are just petite ladies modeling them lol. I have to decide if I want to keep this, return it, or sell it.....I still want a bag this color though

My apple LMM came...that seems a better size....the only bummer is the bottom corners haves some scuffs (they look white) but Im guessing with use that would happen anyway. Can I try some Apple Care conditioner on it? I havent Apple Garde'd it yet