I think my Miu Miu black bow bag is too HEAVY...

Carolina59

Jan 3, 2008
I love this bag, but I realized today that I don't use it very often because when I put all my stuff in it, it really causes pain in my shoulders. I can put the same stuff in a lighter weight Prada bag and feel no pain.

I guess it would be different if I were in a car/driving environment where I could just put in on the car seat, but I live in NYC where I am schlepping around on the subways and sidewalks. Honestly, I feel like I'm carrying around a suitcase.

I just bought it in February and have only used it a few times. It's a gorgeous bag, with none of the problems of the lighter colored (and lighter weight?) bow bags. What to do? :confused1:

P.S. I've never sold a thing on ebay, so I don't know if that would even be an option for me.

You don't HAVE to be forced to sell it on eBay!

Why don't you do it by PAYPAL, have the buyer send you money & ONLY ship the bag once you recieve the $ in your PAYPAL account. Or, you can have them send you MONEY ORDER. There are other options then eBay to sell it!

& I'm sorry the bow isn't working out for you :sweatdrop:

Thanks for your responses. I'm not sure I'm ready to sell it...yet. I'm still debating. We may be moving out of NYC where it may be more practical (driving car). I'll know more in a few weeks. Also, I'd like to find a lighter replacement before I sell it.

FYI, for those who expressed interest, I bought it new and at full price ($1155) at Saks in February and have used it 3 times at most. It is basically like new.

Here are photos of what I had in it yesterday. When I'm going to my office, it's pretty typical for me to carry a bottle of water and a book for the ride on the subway, plus my other stuff. :upsidedown:

Attachments

• CIMG4157.JPG
    CIMG4157.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,039
  • CIMG4159.JPG
    CIMG4159.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 506
Holy schmokes! No wonder it's heavy!! :wtf:

attachment.php

LOL, PP. But what's the use of a big bag if you can't put stuff in it? Do I need to do a little consolidating?

Maybe I'll take a survey and see what people carry in their bags.:lol:

LOL, PP. But what's the use of a big bag if you can't put stuff in it? Do I need to do a little consolidating?

Maybe I'll take a survey and see what people carry in their bags.:lol:

Ohhhh yeeeeeaaaah! Your bag could stand a makeover! :roflmfao:

Seriously, it's bad for your back, neck and shoulders to carry a suitcase full of stuff in your bag. That's one thing I learned a long time ago. That and the bigger bag you get, the more you stuff it. Then it's over-stuffed, so you get a bigger bag, then IT gets over-stuffed....you get the picture. Let's just say that chiropractors LOVE women who carry over-stuffed huge bags. ;)

Yeah, tPF has gotten me into all sorts of trouble. Bigger bags, more bag accessories, bigger wallet. What has happened to me?!:nuts:

So I posted a poll, but I've never done it before, so it didn't quite work.

We'll see if I'm the only nut. :P

I want a black bow too! Ladies, can I ask again if this bag is a part of Miu Miu's permanent line? I don't understand why my local boutique that stocks Miu Miu bags told me Bow bags were part of their winter shipment so they didn't get it in their current S/S 08 stock? :confused1: I would've bought one straight away if they had it, but I ended up at LV instead.

WOWWWWZERS :wtf:

No wonder it's heavy. You need a shoulder bag for all that stuff your carrying! So it won't hurt you as much. But wowzers, you carry ALOT of stuff~ And water definetly makes it heavier. I think you should keep the bow since you may be moving and you may start driving which means you don't have to carry it around NYc!

You should double-up the straps and carry it on your shoulder to reduce the load... here's a link to a helpful youtube video someone posted (I'm sure a TPF'er!) to show how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE6LtTgtNmc

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for your suggestion. I have that youtube video bookmarked, lol. I actually tried it, but then found it hard to get into the bag. Maybe I'll try it again. Carrying it crossbody definitely hurt my shoulders, and carrying on the shoulder, but with strap still long also hurt. I suspect I will need to reduce the load. :Push:

lol Carolina! Yea, I supposed you need to streamline your items but I completely understand that it seems like EVERYTHING is a necessity with a child!

I just bought a cc holder instead of hauling my weighted down Prada gauffre wallet to see if it makes a difference. I'm trying to streamline as well.

With that said, I know some say the bow isn't that heavy. I've certainly carried heavier bags before but trying one on at Saks made me rethink a potential purchase. But that's just my .02. ;)

If you feel it's too heavy AFTER downsizing then maybe it's time to rethink another purchase - a new Prada tote perhaps?? :graucho: rofl