i think i've got Mom hooked! gold birkin owners, help needed!

While I normally go for brightly-colored H bags, my gold Birkin absolutely sends me! It is my most-often used bag and it goes with absolutely everything. You really could not go wrong with gold togo (either gold or palladium h/w).

BabyBirkin002.jpg

So, are we swaying you yet?

I agree with the ladies....I feel the only thing my gold bag ( togo Kelly) doesn't go as well with, is pastels and I want to keep carrying it with pastels:s 'cause I like the bag and those are the shades I wear.

It looks fab with more dramatic colors....IMO.....

If your mom wears more vivid/dark colors, I feel she will love a gold Birkin.

I don't have a birkin in any colour but I agree that gold is versatile. I have a similar colour in an LV bag (Canelle epi passy) and it goes with everything even thou it is an unexciting brownish colour.

I LOVE GOLD!!!

It's so beautiful and versatile. My gold swift with gold hardware is my favorite H bag. Gold is just divine and you won't regret it.

Here are some pictures with my gold Birkin (I also used to have gold clemence with palladium which you can see in the pics).

Attachments

• AnnSui_goldBirkin.jpg
    AnnSui_goldBirkin.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 88
  • gB_camelleatherjacket.jpg
    gB_camelleatherjacket.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 100
  • gBirkin_DGjacket.jpg
    gBirkin_DGjacket.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 95
  • goldB_Fit_white.jpg
    goldB_Fit_white.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Zarabgcoat_goldB.jpg
    Zarabgcoat_goldB.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 93
I LOVE GOLD!!!

It's so beautiful and versatile. My gold swift with gold hardware is my favorite H bag. Gold is just divine and you won't regret it.

Here are some pictures with my gold Birkin (I also used to have gold clemence with palladium which you can see in the pics).

Oh LaVan! When did you get this swift beauty? And what happend to your gold clemence Birkin? I thought it was gorgeous and loved looking at your action shots with her! Do you prefer swift in terms of the leather or the gold colour or both? Aww.... poor clemence Birkie..:sweatdrop:

Pigleto...That's OK ~ Let Mom Get The 30 & You Have Two Very Different Looks There!!!!! :smile: BTW ~ I Never Was A Big Fan Of Gold Until The Past Year (I Think Star's Kelly & Birkin Put Me Over The Edge! LOL!)....Now I Absolutely Adore It.....Totally Classic, Chic & Just Goes With Everything!

hi ladies,

quick update. i found out my local store just got two gold birkins in, but they are both 35s. heck i went in just to see them and compare. one is a togo with GH and the other was fjord with PH. the togo with GH was lovely!!! i modeled her around and she was very very pretty...i love the slight sheen and the grain is not that noticeable from a distance.

however, i was a tad disappointed in the fjord, the leather was "matte" compared to the togo and the grain was pretty big. it just didn't have the wow factor for me. maybe it was the PH, maybe it was the 'dryness" of the leather, but it was a little...er dull. more "tan" than the togo.

i'm just glad the togo one wasn't 30 or i'd be :sweatdrop:

thanks for your advice ladies and feel free to continue giving your reasons for loving gold! it is a versatile color! (went well with my light blue scrubs). at least the SAs didn't snicker (at least not while i was there ;) )

I LOVE GOLD!!!

la van! thanks for the pics! you certainly do make a point that the bag goes with quite a lot!

can you describe the differences between clemence and swift and the pluses/ minuses? i know swift is not so textured...i can't decide between it and togo! i know togo is more hardy...

I don't have a gold Birkin, but I have a gold clemence Massai PM and when the SA brought the bag out of the back room and showed it to me, it was love at first sight :nuts: The color is a great neutral and is so versatile. My wardrobe has every color under the sun, and I'm constantly varying my outfit choices. So far the Massai has looked great with every outfit, dressy or casual. And you can't go wrong with a Birkin :graucho:

pigleto / Serenity Now - I prefer the gold swift as I think the color is richer. Also, after seeing a friend's gold/gold hardware, I realized that I really love that combination together more than gold/palladium hardware.

The swift leather also doesn't feel as heavy as clemence. In addition, I like the smoother texture of swift. I never had a problem with scratches on swift but I do think that togo is more worry free. Swift being smooth, the scratches might show up more. But I also heard that minor scratches can be magically go away if you massage that part with your fingers. I've also been told that swift is good with rain. Can you tell now that I love my gold swift? lol!

I love and adore my 35cm Gold Togo Birkin. It looks great with just about every color in my wardrobe -- ok, mostly black, white and gray -- and provides an understated pop of color . Here's a photo:

DSCN0245_edited.jpg