I think I've found the reason for my never ending love affair...

How people decide to spend their money is none of my business. Furthermore, I'm not going to speculate, assume or even judge how others manage or utilize their finances. It simply is not my place to do so.

On the other hand, I work hard and love to enjoy the good life which I am solely funding. I will continue to reap the benefits of my hard work while I am still alive and kicking.

In the past 45 days, I purchased 4 bags, 2 full size wallets, 3 bandeaus, 2 charms, a wallet for a friend, pochette, mini pochette. And maybe another pochette and mini pochette later this year. All paid in full, no balances or interest owed. And I do have clothes on my bedroom floor:lolots: and 2 dirty dishes in the sink. My car also needs a good wash and wax. :whistle:

I am addicted to LV and LOVE IT! :heart::heart::heart:

I agree!

This thread like other lovely ladies have said, is one of the most valid ones i have read.

Since joining back in November i have added 8 pieces in 2 months. I had to take a MAAAASSSIVVEE step back as I'm in my final year of HS and only can work 1 or 2 shifts at my job a week. And at not the best hourly wage, i needed to realise. This buying needs to stop. SOOO i put myself on a ban till my B'day in november. WELLL i did break it to buy something for my sister. (I revealed it so you might wanna check it out:P hahaha) It was a vernis clutch. I thought WHYY buy myself something i DON'T NEED, when i can make someone else happy and put my money towards them.

SOOOOO im glad i did that. Back to technically Ban island. I was going to break ban for the Noefull. Well see i f i end up doing that. I hope i don't. I could see myself constantly looking for a new item to get/own and even though i could see myself doing this, i couldn't stop. Ive always been like that. Growing up with an affluent life style (i won't lie, i don't tolerate lying or people who lie) i was never shown the word no (REALLLY wish i did now!) and i guess i adopted this into now. I finally woke myself up one day with the reality that THIS can't last forever. Boundaries are my friend. Don't fight them. SOOO it has taken a lot (therapy, personal self control and FAMILY SUPPORT) to finally overcome my (yes i mean what i am about to say) my SHOPPING ADDICTION.

I know the word "therapy" is OTT BUT i actually got to the point where one was needed. I could see myself raging at my friends and family if A) they got something new and i didn't and/or B) getting jealous and vindictive when someone got something new. THIS was horrible. Could not stop it. I NEEDED TO. Having a shopping addiction is (to me) the worst. It ruined my mums life for 10 years (before me and my middle sister where born) and started to ruin mine.

SOOOO i guess where i am going with this is that YES the rush of getting repetitively something new is exhilarating, IS IT WORTH THE BRAIN DAMAGE AFTER??? Is it worth dreading your bills/statement the next month, dreading the questions of family who worry? My answer is HELL NOOOO! If you miss a few bags. NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! I had to learn that the hard way.

My new favourtie word now and forever will be known to allllll as "NINE" (as in the german NINE for NONE:smile:

This thread like other lovely ladies have said, is one of the most valid ones i have read.

Since joining back in November i have added 8 pieces in 2 months. I had to take a MAAAASSSIVVEE step back as I'm in my final year of HS and only can work 1 or 2 shifts at my job a week. And at not the best hourly wage, i needed to realise. This buying needs to stop. SOOO i put myself on a ban till my B'day in november. WELLL i did break it to buy something for my sister. (I revealed it so you might wanna check it out:P hahaha) It was a vernis clutch. I thought WHYY buy myself something i DON'T NEED, when i can make someone else happy and put my money towards them.

SOOOOO im glad i did that. Back to technically Ban island. I was going to break ban for the Noefull. Well see i f i end up doing that. I hope i don't. I could see myself constantly looking for a new item to get/own and even though i could see myself doing this, i couldn't stop. Ive always been like that. Growing up with an affluent life style (i won't lie, i don't tolerate lying or people who lie) i was never shown the word no (REALLLY wish i did now!) and i guess i adopted this into now. I finally woke myself up one day with the reality that THIS can't last forever. Boundaries are my friend. Don't fight them. SOOO it has taken a lot (therapy, personal self control and FAMILY SUPPORT) to finally overcome my (yes i mean what i am about to say) my SHOPPING ADDICTION.

I know the word "therapy" is OTT BUT i actually got to the point where one was needed. I could see myself raging at my friends and family if A) they got something new and i didn't and/or B) getting jealous and vindictive when someone got something new. THIS was horrible. Could not stop it. I NEEDED TO. Having a shopping addiction is (to me) the worst. It ruined my mums life for 10 years (before me and my middle sister where born) and started to ruin mine.

SOOOO i guess where i am going with this is that YES the rush of getting repetitively something new is exhilarating, IS IT WORTH THE BRAIN DAMAGE AFTER??? Is it worth dreading your bills/statement the next month, dreading the questions of family who worry? My answer is HELL NOOOO! If you miss a few bags. NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! I had to learn that the hard way.

My new favourtie word now and forever will be known to allllll as "NINE" (as in the german NINE for NONE:smile:

:goodpost: love your sincerity and love the german word nine:smile::tup:

:goodpost: love your sincerity and love the german word nine:smile::tup:

NAWWWW:smile: Thank you!!:smile: I thought maybe it was to "Ohhhh woe is me". I tend to do that a bit.

OHH nd hahaha! My mums half german, half hungarian and the only german words i know is "Nine" and like good night thank you just the basics haha.

I totally understand and CAN relate to the high of purchasing a new LV bag... That feeling is very addictive indeed... I've been there, especially when I first fell in love with LV. However, I've always bought a bag that I absolutely love and not just because I could afford it... Most of my bags have sentimental value because they are presents from my DH ranging from wedding anniversaries, birthdays or Mother's Days... I actually have decided to only purchase a bag or two a year from now one because my collection is almost done and I'm working on some home improvement projects... It is also true that I don't use my bags as often as most since I'm a stay at home/ homeschooling mom, but I know that once my children get older I probably will have other priorities and will not indulge much as I do now... Anyway, I agree that we should definitely and always keep our priorities in check...

I always try to talk myself out of buying and while it works I am always craving for a new bag! I just love Louis Vuitton... I just got the Palermo GM and now I am obsessed with the Bergamo GM, Menilmontant MM and a mon monogram Sarah... It goes on and on... It's soo insane. I even try to look into other brands but I just can't bring myself to spend my cash on anything else... I have to admit that I am seriously addicted...

How did your lenten season go?? I am really glad I gave up purchasing (and TPF) for lent. It was a really nice respite from over-indulging. Even as I have gone back on to the forum tonight for the first time, it does not feel as exciting as it did before. Hopefully I am able to keep myself in check this year. I hope to purchase far less LV and chanel this year. :smile:

it went really well! I can't remember if the strap I bought was before lent but other than that, no LV purchases and minimal TPF interaction, as a result. My bf just said to me last night that he was surprised with how little I've been on TPF.

And I agree - it hasn't really been catching me as it did before, which is great for my pockets! Lent has also made me think about all of my purchasing habits and how I probably need to slow - it - down. While I've been great at saving thus far, luxury items have definitely lead me astray...

It is definitely a goal of mine to purchase "only" one or two more this year. I hear the fall collection is amazing so I am looking forward to that! But after that, I'll probably be done! :smile: Glad to hear you had success as well! I really think TPF exacerbates the problem...lol.

There really is a certain high in purchasing an LV, I can relate to this.
But after a while, the excitement wore off for me.
I started getting less impulsive and more thoughful with purchases.
Now I am able to trim down my collection to those items that I only use, and I have never been more content and happier :smile: