I think it's time to downsize....

What is the reason that you think it's downsize time?

Physical space? - try to sort out from the large & unused ones! No need to touch small bags & clutches.

Funds for next bag or other means? - think which will fetch good price now!

Guilty feeling? - Don't be silly, keep them all. :nuts:

Saturated feeling? - sort out the one you don't use.

^^ I think it's some of all of those reasons. I've run out of room in my wardrobe, but the bigger reasons are that I want to get some money back to fund future purchases :nuts:, plus there's a couple I don't really use anymore so may as well move them on to new owners.

Oh Fuzzy, what a difficult decision. I've been there, done that, and it's not fun, especially when all the bags are quite lovely!

I've always decided which bags are going by taking them all out, arranging them in front of me and taking a good look at the collection as a whole. Any bags that don't make me feel :love: get the chop. Also, any bags that haven't been used recently or that I can see won't get much use in future, get the boot.

If it's just money that you need to sell them for, have you considered selling one or two that you're not overly fond of (despite what they might achieve on ebay) and selling some of your clothes or stuff in your house to help make some money back? That way you're not selling a bag that you may really want to have back once it's gone.

Like everyone else is saying, go with the bags that get the least usage. Try them on again and see how you feel. You could lay all your bags out in front of you and see which bags you keep getting drawn to, the ones that are left on the sidelines are the ones you subconsciously have grown unattached to. Hope that wasn't too confusing :biggrin:

^^ Well I can definitely rule out selling my latest purchases - the Daria tote, Mitzy Messenger, A4 tote, I want to keep those. I'm thinking of getting rid of my x, x and maybe even the x- I think that was a bit extravagant, seeing as I already have the silver!!

I'm sure I have a few bits and pieces round the house that I could sell, but the rigmarole (?) of listing them on eBay puts me off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at your collection, and then looking at your definite "keepers", it seems to me that you prefer the more colourful and/or "funkier" bags rather than your classics, ie your oak and choc bags. Are you keeping the classics because they are, well, classics or do you actually use them as much as the more modern stuff? I know the classic stuff is lovely but don't hang on to them for the sake of it!:smile:

:thinking:
Looking at your collection, and then looking at your definite "keepers", it seems to me that you prefer the more colourful and/or "funkier" bags rather than your classics, ie your oak and choc bags. Are you keeping the classics because they are, well, classics or do you actually use them as much as the more modern stuff? I know the classic stuff is lovely but don't hang on to them for the sake of it!:smile:

Well, my oak & choc bays are both recent additions and I do love them, so will hang on to those, as the colourful ones don't always go with all my outfits and I need a bit of class sometimes! :biggrin:

I'm contemplating my choc roxy, but then I really do like it...oh I really can't decide!! :thinking:

Well, my oak & choc bays are both recent additions and I do love them, so will hang on to those, as the colourful ones don't always go with all my outfits and I need a bit of class sometimes! :biggrin:

I'm contemplating my choc roxy, but then I really do like it...oh I really can't decide!! :thinking:

But then choc roxy would probably be a good one to go, because: a) it takes up a lot of storage space; b) you'd most probably get a good price for it; c) it wouldn't be too difficult to replace if you regretted it later!

And with regard to the oak and choc Bays, I hear what you're saying re colour and class, but don't they both do the same job?? Couldn't you manage with one or the other??:confused1:

Keep those you use, and put away the rest for a while - and see if you are tempted to go and get any of the stashed away bags. Those are probably keepers too.

Or just follow your heart: if there was a fire, which bags would you save first?

And with regard to the oak and choc Bays, I hear what you're saying re colour and class, but don't they both do the same job?? Couldn't you manage with one or the other??:confused1:

Hmmmm but I just bought some "Oak" shoes to match the oak bays....and I do like, and I love the chocolate also!!

Oh dear at this rate I'll end up keeping them all. But you are right about the roxy, I could always get another if I really wanted one later on...

Keep those you use, and put away the rest for a while - and see if you are tempted to go and get any of the stashed away bags. Those are probably keepers too.

Or just follow your heart: if there was a fire, which bags would you save first?

Good question re: the fire! I'll give it some thought..but then maybe that's my problem, thinking too much. Maybe I should do lucky dip! :nuts: