I think I'm going to up and move to Chicago.

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
I just want to say, gosh, I can't believe how nice you all are. Tanja even offered to get me contact info of a corporation with a branch in her hometown.

There's some kind of dynamic corrolation between handbags and incredibly wonderful women!

Blue824

Jan 9, 2006
No, no brokers needed...if you do decide to give Chicago a try, a lot of friends and people I know who have newly moved to the city use www.apartmentpeople.com to find a place, its free and they'll drive you around to however many places it takes. And rent is significantly less than in NYC! One thing a lot of people don't realize (like my bf when he moved here) was that not all apartments come with A/C though! I can't imagine a summer here w/o the A/C!

I also forgot that there is a listserve on yahoogroups focused on museum & art jobs. Musejob I believe. I used to subscribe...it can be a lot of emails at times, but sometimes there were jobs I was interested in or interesting pieces of information. Can always try it out and unsubscribe if it isn't what you need.

coco-nut

Addicted to H
O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
IntlSet said:
Wow, thanks, coconut!

You don't need a broker just to rent in Chicago, unlike Manhattan, right?

Is it like Manhattan also where I should start looking for a place three months in advance?
to rent, no. I think you will do fine by yourself. But when you are ready to buy, talk with me. I know a very cool, stylish, and effective agent who's still in her 20s but has been an active agent for six years. I just feel you two would get along really well!

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
coco-nut said:
to rent, no. I think you will do fine by yourself. But when you are ready to buy, talk with me. I know a very cool, stylish, and effective agent who's still in her 20s but has been an active agent for six years. I just feel you two would get along really well!

Hehe! How fun! I might very well buy there... I feel silly paying rent money that could go towards a mortgage. I will let you know, thanks so much! :nuts: And if she's a friend of yours, what a great friend you are to recommend her!