I think I'm going to head out to buy my new Azur Speedy now!! *excited*

That's so sweet of your hubby!
Wish mine will sometimes get all dat excited with me, instead he will ask why I need so many bags and why are they so expensive!
But he just needs some gentle persuading!

Sorry for the delay in my update! And thank you guys for being so sweet! I love the people on TPF. Always so supportive and nice!

So here is a recap of my quest for the "perfect" Azur Speedy (my first speedy!). Warning this is long.

So I made my trip to the LV store in San Jose (CA) on Fri afternoon. I asked the SA for an Azur Speedy 30 that's made in France. She looked at me like that a weird request and was quick to say "Oh we don't have those." But when she took out 3 after I asked her to bring out a few to allow me to compare, one of them turned out to be Made in France. While the SA seemed quite unenthusiastic the whole time, at least she didn't rush me or make me feel bad for examing different parts of the bag, applying the tips I learned from melikemochi. (Thanks!) I ended up buying the Made in France one thinking it "passed the test". (I also asked for a bigger box and dust bag like what I learned from southerncharm. (Thanks!) Originally the SA said no, that each bag comes w/only one dust bag. But I "buttered her up" w/a very nice and polite manner, saying that I've heard of other people getting bigger dust bags and if she was able to find an extra one I'd really appreciate it. And she did.) But when I brought my new baby back to the car and decided to take another look, I noticed there was a slit/cut right on one of the handles! :wtf: I don't know how I missed it :Push:. So I went back to the store and exchanged it. Now I had a Made in USA one. Oh well. This time I didn't have enough time to really exam the bag but figured I could do it at home.

When I got home, w/a closer look I noticed the bottom row of the checker pattern on the side of the bag seemed not quite symmetrical. The checker went from "shorter" to "taller" from one end to the other. It was not anything outrageous but still obvious. And it was like that for both sides of the bag, as well as the top row on the front and back sides of the bag. After showing it to DH, we knew it was going to bother me and decided it wouldn't hurt to go take a look at the LV in San Francisco the next day to see if we could find a better one.

On Sat when we went to the LV in SF, I explained to the SA who came up to us the reason for our visit. The manager then joined us and they both started laughing to each other and at us :wtf:! Saying, "Oh the checkers are not different! They're the same." in a very sarcastic and patronizing way :cursing:. And the SA even took out a measuring tape and said "You can measure it!" :shocked: Well, while I could and would have had every right to be visibly offended, I decided the best way to deal with the situation (and make them feel sheepish) was to just ignore their *lack of* manner, and went about my business. ("You can laugh all you want, but it's not going to change how I feel about the bag and I'm still going to get a different one I'm happy with.") Oh, and when I mentioned that I have learned about things to look out for when purchasing an LV, the manager laughed, "Don't believe in hearsay." *rolling my eyes* In the end the one the SA brought out did look much better than the one I had. So we made the exchange.

So now I have a speedy I'm happy with. And since the SA confirmed there is a price increase by the end of this week (between 5 - 8%), DH also bought my birthday gift for me early (which I choose to wait till the b-day to use, which is another 4 months :Push:.) He bought me one of my favs of all time, a Manhattan PM :yahoo:! So this makes it 4 LVs in one month (Eva, Epi Zippy Coin Purse, the Azur Speedy, and Manhattan PM), and marks the start of my purse ban. :banned:

(Wow, I wrote a novel! Got carried away. Sorry!)

Pics to come soon....

Congratulations!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear about how horrible the Manger and SA were at the store! That's just crazy! But it's amazing how well you handled the whole situation!! I only wish I could be that calm in those situations!

I cannot wait to see pics or your new bag!

p.s. I love your signature pics. My DH and I stayed in an OWB in Moorea. It was my favorite vacation to date!!! I still dream about those islands, the people, the food, the weather and the beautiful water!!!

great story!!!

i'm glad the attitudes of the SA's didn't discourage your husband from buying you your early bday gift! :biggrin:

if only i could justify making a rush decision to buy a purse. i'd only have tomorrow to decide and buy since supposedly canada is having an increase on wednesday?!?! :X

Thank you so much everyone for the Congrats!

p.s. I love your signature pics. My DH and I stayed in an OWB in Moorea. It was my favorite vacation to date!!! I still dream about those islands, the people, the food, the weather and the beautiful water!!!

Love LV, we spent a few nights in Moorea too (actually for the first part of our trip)! Oh definitely, I wish I could go back NOW hee ehe.

So here are some modeling pics finally. I took pics on 3 different days ...having fun matching my outfits to the Speedy :P.

First one up! Took this on the weekend before going out to best friend's birthday dinner.

IMG_5025C.jpg

This one is on Tues after work:

IMG_5052C.jpg