I think I'm developing a shoe problem! Lots of pics :)

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
I live in a city with extreme winter weather, and we only get maybe 2 months of true summer, so I always thought it was a waste of money to buy expensive shoes. Well, my shoe addiction started when I was looking around for a pair of nice designer shoes for my wedding (it seems like a lot of photographers like to take pictures of the shoes alone near the beginning and I wanted to have super nice shoes). And now...it's gone slightly out of control! I still won't buy nice shoes for winter, but I'll make the most out of the 3-4 flat-friendly months of the year!!

Here is the Vera Wang Lavender Luna flat that I bought to go with my wedding dress. The crystals are amazing!

5784487264_e3a81a9ec0.jpg

5784489580_15e6d569d1.jpg

But then, I thought about it, and gold might not go with my dress since the dress has silver embroidery. So I searched high and low, and finally found a pair of the same shoe in pewter...they still might not match, but I'm keeping both pairs either way because these are gorgeous!

5784491490_96245529bc.jpg

And then I was at NM Last Call and found the Chanel shoes I've been coveting for months...they ended up being like 50% off!! They are kind of painful, but too cute not to love.

5783951153_9b558a6892.jpg

I also couldn't resist getting these Vera Wang Lavender Lanza flats for basically 60% off...they are really unique as they have built in anklets! I'm not sure how i'd wear these since they don't look the best on me, but they are just so different!

5784504546_3c78264ffc.jpg

I got these Miu Miu nappa flats today...they don't look very exciting in this picture but they're very pretty on. Extremely comfy too! They crystals surrounding the massive black "Crystal" are sparkly, but you can't really tell from this picture.
5784498874_8ff701f6c3.jpg

5784500890_f241a3a679.jpg

And finally, my second pair of Miu Miu's, I've been eyeing these for months, and yesterday when the girl told me they were on sale for 50% off I couldn't resist going back today to get them!! The crystals are AMAZING, are super blingy and don't look cheap at all. They are kind of over the top and I plan to wear them to our engagement photo shoot but other than that I'm not sure when I'd wear them. They were too, too pretty to pass up, though.

5783938129_157cd253a7.jpg

5783941769_e162e63faa.jpg

5783939835_8c760f63bf.jpg

I had to get a 1/2 size smaller because it was all they had left, I'm wearing them right now in hopes that they'll stretch a bit as they're a bit tight in the toe area. As a result my toes stick out more than usual. The sales rep said it looked fine and even if I got a bigger size my toes would slip anyway...what do you think?? Am I showing too much toe?? The bow helps but I rarely wear peep toes so I have no idea if this is borderline disgusting...

5783947725_25004eff70.jpg

Anyways...thanks for letting me share!!

Finally, welcome to our shoe world Karman! Where have you been, girl??!?! I haven't talked to you in ages! :biggrin:

As for your last pair of MM, I do think they look a bit tight, but nothing near disgusting haha. If you didn't mention it, I'd say they look fabulous :yes:

Congrats on all the amazing purchases! Don't forget, sales season is coming up.... :graucho:

Thanks for the comments ladies!! At least a shoe addiction will be cheaper than my bag addiction!!

You have such a great collection - and it goes to show that you don't need a high heel to look fabulous. Those Vera Wangs are so cute.

I often wear flats because my DF is the same height as me...I am generally considered above average in terms of height, so it's okay! It's the special occasions that get tricky, it's so hard to find a shoe that's tall enough that'll look great with the dress, while not making me tower over my DF!

Finally, welcome to our shoe world Karman! Where have you been, girl??!?! I haven't talked to you in ages! :biggrin:

As for your last pair of MM, I do think they look a bit tight, but nothing near disgusting haha. If you didn't mention it, I'd say they look fabulous :yes:

Congrats on all the amazing purchases! Don't forget, sales season is coming up.... :graucho:

Thanks...and the same can be said about you! I've been hanging out in the Chanel forum for the last couple of years. I haven't bought a single LV in years!

Thanks for the comments ladies!! At least a shoe addiction will be cheaper than my bag addiction!!

I often wear flats because my DF is the same height as me...I am generally considered above average in terms of height, so it's okay! It's the special occasions that get tricky, it's so hard to find a shoe that's tall enough that'll look great with the dress, while not making me tower over my DF!

Thanks...and the same can be said about you! I've been hanging out in the Chanel forum for the last couple of years. I haven't bought a single LV in years!

haha, I saw your Chanels! you got a pretty nice collection there :graucho:
Yeah, I haven't bought any bags from LV in the last 3 years... my last two purchases were sunnies and a scarf in 2009 lol then my addiction became clean :lol: Anyhow, glad to see you around here!

haha, I saw your Chanels! you got a pretty nice collection there :graucho:
Yeah, I haven't bought any bags from LV in the last 3 years... my last two purchases were sunnies and a scarf in 2009 lol then my addiction became clean :lol: Anyhow, glad to see you around here!

Thanks! It's pretty addicting, I only had 3 Chanels for the longest time, then something happened and I got 9 more within the last year and a half...haha!

Wow beautiful shoes, all of them really. While it may be odd, I am the same way; we also only get two months of true summer where I live and never thought of spending on summer shoes but boy when it starts:smile:)) I started getting summer shoes a couple of months ago justifying it as they will not get wrecked in the nice weather and I can enjoy them for many years to come and I have been so bad. In the winter I get nice shoes for the office to wear them inside but boots etc. have been hard because of my slim legs and also they will get wrecked in the snow. Somehow summer shoes are just more fun too. Shoes for the summer and in the fall I always get bags, unfortunately I already have ideas:smile:)).

Let's see I think my absolute fave is the Lanza and then the pewter Vera Wang but love them all and the peeptoes look just right on you. Congrats, gorgeous collection of flats.

BTW, the flat craze has just recently caught up with me as well, I never thought I would like flats as I have always been a heels person. I am still not into ballerinas but embellished summer shoes, gladiators, etc. oh yeah. I am not even tall but have long slim legs so I finally decided they were ok for me.

I really enjoyed looking at your beautiful collection, if I ever take pix of mine will def. share.

I, too, have been caught up in buying flats, after realizing I had bought so many heels that I rarely wore in comparison to my two trusty pairs of flats. I've been scooping on Vera Wang Lavender Lillian flats at Nordies Rack, but have been working hard to resist buying what I feel are too impractical for me (just IMO). I do love your choices for your wedding and engagement photos! If I was getting married this year, I would love to get a pair of those VW Luns or the Miu Miu's! I'm also totally someone to get the same pair of shoes in silver/pewter AND gold so I can "match" my jewelry/outfit, so match away!

Oh, I just can't stop staring at those Miu Miu's - which look great on you, btw. I thought I liked the grey more when I first saw them, but seeing that black patent with the sparkle of the crystal toe bling is so cute for a special occasion! What's the name of those? I want to go hunt for a pair :amuse: