i think i'm a label whore. If a bag doesn't come from a brand that I like... then

i think i'm a label whore. If a bag doesn't come from a brand that I like... then I tend to have a harder time accepting the bag, even though the bag is cute.

Say for example, I got this via spiga bag for $115 and it's a pretty nice bag. Or even a Michael by Michael Kors bag.

But because the via spiga bag or Michael Kors bag isn't as well-known as say COACH or LV or Marc Jacobs.... I tend to not like it as much.

The only time I accept a non well-known brand name bag is when the bag is pretty cheap and I can use to throw around.

How do I stop this brand name label thing?

If it really bothers you, you will probably outgrow it in time. We all buy bags for different reasons, and if part of the appeal to you is that someone else knows what you're carrying, as long as you're not flaunting, I don't see the harm in buying the big names.

My personal opinion is, most people who visit tPF are "brand whores" at least to some degree. It does vary, but honestly, with the money most of us are paying for these bags, we *could* have a nice bag that is a no name brand for much less money.

I truly believe that there is quality in many of the brand we talk about, but after a certain point, I think that the lines are blurred and we ARE paying for the name.

I think you have to think hard about your own motives for carrying a certain brand. Do you carry it because you think others will recognize the brand and think better of you? Do you carry a certain brand because of the image you think it conveys of you?

Or do you carry a certain brand because you appreciate the quality and design of the piece and could care less if people thought less of you or more?

There is nothing wrong with buying bags from big brands for either of those reasons, but with a term like label whore, I'd seriously consider my own motives.

My personal opinion is, most people who visit tPF are "brand whores" at least to some degree. It does vary, but honestly, with the money most of us are paying for these bags, we *could* have a nice bag that is a no name brand for much less money.

I truly believe that there is quality in many of the brand we talk about, but after a certain point, I think that the lines are blurred and we ARE paying for the name.

I self-imposed a $500 cut-off, because I decided that after that price, I'm not paying for anything but a name. Still, doesn't stop me from looking at bags beyond that price tag ;)

A lot of people like to say they don't care about what others think or that they would buy a cheap purse as long as they like the style etc....

I'll be perfectly honest. I DO care a lot of what people think of me in general... And I DO care about status symbols quite a lot. I'll admit that I'm a semi attention-whore and like to be noticed, and other women who are in the know WILL notice if you are carrying something expensive...

I think there's nothing wrong with being a label whore if you are fine with it. If you want to change that's fine too. As for me, I don't want to change... lol

i used to be like that too i cant see beyond brands like LV, Chanel, Bv, Prada and Gucci (those are the brands i own) but lately im starting to appreciate the less expensive ones for the first time. I bought my first HH after being a brand snob all these years. The truth is im loving the less expensive brands too. Before i wouldnt carry a bag lesser than Prada or Gucci, i wouldnt even buy an MJ bag before (im buying my first one now). Im loving that i dont feel that way anymore what matters is i love what im using and i know i look good using it LOL :roflmfao: Of course i still keep my Chanels, Bv's & Lv's, but im happy im seeing beyond the super expensive ones and love the ones worth buying & using too. This is what ive learned... eventually you will get over the brand thing, it happened to me :smile: for the meantime enjoy being a bag snob :P

when i was younger i used to only want monogrammed bags, but as i get older (well im still pretty young) i learned to love bags with no logo on the outside but superb leather and workmanship. i don't care if ppl doenst' kno that my bag costs a load of money, as long as i am happy with it, im fine with the lack of attention from others.

when i was younger i used to only want monogrammed bags, but as i get older (well im still pretty young) i learned to love bags with no logo on the outside but superb leather and workmanship. i don't care if ppl doenst' kno that my bag costs a load of money, as long as i am happy with it, im fine with the lack of attention from others.
My sentiments exactly!

I agree with this. I love my less-expensive, lesser-known designer bags as much as my Chanel and LVs.

I wouldn't consider myself a bag whore exactly but I do think I'm "bag prejudiced". There are certain brands, that no matter how cute a particular bag is, I am just not interested in buying because it comes from that brand. Some of the brands that turn me off are $$$$ so it's not a money thing.