I think I'd like a black Birkin.........

How about no Barenia because this girl (oops ice-fishing MAN) can't special order ANYTHING not even if I beg on bended knees and flash my pearly whites!!!!! AND use the knee-pads (once Jag gets done with them, that is).

So, if I can't SO anything and I want something that might just pop up on the shelf sometime within my lifetime, what does that leave us with????? THIS is the question.

How about no Barenia because this girl (oops ice-fishing MAN) can't special order ANYTHING not even if I beg on bended knees and flash my pearly whites!!!!! AND use the knee-pads (once Jag gets done with them, that is).

So, if I can't SO anything and I want something that might just pop up on the shelf sometime within my lifetime, what does that leave us with????? THIS is the question.

Gazoo beat me too it ....Black Barenia...but since we're talking likelihood of just popping up on shelves...what are the chances of Black Box? I think you are left with Togo and Clemence...and Swift.

Hermes is Swift Happy right now...I'm seeing it more and more....

Time to forget your SAs in Alaska andbranch out to the ones in West Virginia for SOs and Podiums....:yes:

In that case Evergrain would be my next suggestion. It is beautiful in person. There is a certain glow to it but not the irridesence (SP?) of Swift or Chevre. Also, I heard though cannot confirm, that it will handle wear better in the corners than Swift and not slouch as much. Again, I have no firsthand knowledge.

I've seen Kellys on the shelf in this leather and think its easier to find than Box.

What about Vibrato in muted tones?

If you love Box, go for it; you'd be selling the HAC anyway...There's no point in getting a different leather just to make a change, if you're not mad about it....I agree with HG: stick to what you like...I'm the same, I only like very few H leathers at this point, so I just stick to those......

^^Maybe a quick flight nonstop flight from Juneau to Paris is in order...
Absolutely agree! Of course you can SO, SM - perhaps just not at your crazy eskimo store (with apologies to all crazy eskimos out there:shame: ). I know you'd be able to SO in Paris (not sure if barenia is being offered, though) & I'm sure you must be able to find an accomodating SA somewhere in the other 49 states....I'm sure there is a PF'er somewhere who could help you, too. You have put too much time & effort into discerning your perfect collection to limit yourself to just what's "on the shelf.":yes:

If you love Box, go for it; you'd be selling the HAC anyway...There's no point in getting a different leather just to make a change, if you're not mad about it....I agree with HG: stick to what you like...I'm the same, I only like very few H leathers at this point, so I just stick to those......
That's because I've run the entire gamut of leathers at H and narrowed it down to a few leathers.

Ah HA!!!!! Ok.....Angie......I'm going for "elegant older lady" as I slide into the second half of my life. Don't know if I can pull it off but I'm going to give it whirl. (have a serious situation with hair that looks like a shrub....don't know how elegant that is) So, what colors then are we talking about, here. Etoupe? Gold?

Another opinion from someone already older than you?? Go with what you love NOW! I don't think you'll change THAT much in the next few years or even 10! If you do, then time and the avails of Hermes bags will take care of it:heart:

SM, you're already elegant.....and the older lady part will come naturally in time. You don't have to change your H leather or color preferences here and now.....if box is the answer, then box it is! If you want to venture to Swift then give it a try....etc, and so on.

Well I have no advice (everyone has already provided with excelent suggestions) but I am looking forward to see the execution of your decisions. Love your collection and live vicariously through them..:yes: