I think I was someone's LV sighting today

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was walking my dog accross an open plaza in Boston today - by open plaza I mean big open space. There were people around but not a crowd. I was carying my denim cles (It had stuff in it so the chain was over an index finger and the little pouch and keys were visible.)

Anyway I notice this woman start to walk toward me - not unusual - folks always want to talk dogs - but she was looking at my hand and she got within about 10 feet and said something about the weather - never making eye contact - always looking at my hand - and kept walking.

She didn't scare me or anything...she was carying a Denim Baggy PM. Very tightly very close to her body - I'm pretty sure it was real. (Hard to tell - I was wearing sunglasses and she had her bag in such a grip)

Anyway - It was really funny - she only walked towards me to check out the cles. I'm used to surprising folks when I pull the zippy organizer out of a non-LV bag but I've never experienced such a blatant gawk before.

2. lol cute, maybe you'll see a picture of yourself and the story from the opposite point of view in the sightings thread!

3. lol, very cute but yet very strange. I would feel a bit weirded out!

4. Yeah I was walking in the mall, and ordered my chicken teriyaki from Sarku (Japanese food is amazing) and the girl who I have seen before...was basically talking to my bag. She took my order, and the cash, but her eyes never left my moka epi. Wierd, but I thought that's cool, she probably recognized what it was and was polite enough not to say anything obnoxious...

5. How funny! That should make you feel good! :tup: I've been aware of people looking at my bags before, but try not to be too obvious myself when I check out other people's bags. Well, today I just couldn't help myself... I was in Target, walking up to the checkout area carrying my Cabas Piano when I noticed a woman to my right carrying a brand-spanking-new, beautiful Beverly XXL. I've seen them in the LV store before, but never "out and about" like this, and I was just captivated! I found myself turning around to check it out as I walked by, I just couldn't help it, it was such a beautiful bag! She had her back to me when I passed, and ended up leaving the store before I was finished checking out, so I don't think she noticed my gawking, but I really wanted to stop her and compliment her on her beautiful Beverly. I've been wanting a new bag recently, and just might have to make it the Beverly XXL after seeing this one IRL today. So, take being someone's LV sighting today as a compliment!!! :yes:

6. I see more LV bags at Target than anywhere else!

7. I've had people ask to see them. One lady even wanted to touch my bag.

8. I met a guy here my first night in Kauai, took me for an insane motorcycle ride, and back at the room, he says, wow. I like that Louis Vuitton talking about my MC white noe. THEN, he mentioned my diamond studs, THEN he asked me to buy him golf clubs, and at that point, I had to throw him out...lol.... I always get the good ones...hehe

9. ^lol thats funny!
    I do notice people looking at my bags, like yesterday i was going up some escalators and there were 2 girls infront. I looked up and the one had a white YSL muse and the other had a gucci tote, I was looking at their bags and they were looking at mine! Lol i think its nice, its like you feel a bond with complete strangers!