I think I want a stam...

clu0984

O.G.
Mar 31, 2006
I never thought I would be a stam convert, but the more I see pictures, the more I want one. Is it comfortable to wear? (I'm a little wary of the chain strap). Also, is ebay my best best for finding one?

Thanks!

I don't necessarily think ebay is your best bet, altho you might be able to find a gently used bag priced very reasonably (be sure to know how to authenticate a stam before bidding and/or buying on ebay -- or take advantage of the authentication thread here)

a lot of the winter sales will be starting soon -- I believe Nordstroms half-annual sale starts the second week of November -- NM and Saks are usually not far behind -- you might be able to find a stam during markdowns -- there are also various sales/special events that happen occasionally (for ex: Bloomingdales just had a 20/30% sale -- spend up to $500 get 20% your purchase, spend $500 or more & get 30% off) -- you could get a stam during one of these special events

this season is also a great one to purchase a stam as there are so many different variations -- the soft body stams have much lighter chains with leather shoulder pads -- you should check out this season's stam thread to see all the various styles/colors: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/too-many-stams-so-little-time-and-money-325504.html

i think ebay is a great place to go, so then you can get it at a discount off retail price. you never really know if i will work until you get it, plus, the 2005 ones are really just superb! if you could knab one of those, i know you'd be in love

I just got my first! When I first tried it on, I wasn't sure she was for me, but slowly but surely (not that slowly actually) she grew on me. I love my stam now! Good luck finding one--its seems that some good deals pop up all the time, you just have to be vigilant, and make sure you authenticate!

I'm open to any color at this time, but prefer not black. I'm an ignoramus when it comes to the stam as I kept myself away from it as long as possible, but now I must succumb!!

i love the stam. now's a great time to get one since there are so many variations available: quilted classic, python, sunburst, daydream. plus there are a bunch of older season stams along with patchwork styles currently on ebay. there's an amazingly gorgeous bordeaux one up for bid right now. good luck with your search!