I think I want a stam...

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I don't necessarily think ebay is your best bet, altho you might be able to find a gently used bag priced very reasonably (be sure to know how to authenticate a stam before bidding and/or buying on ebay -- or take advantage of the authentication thread here)

a lot of the winter sales will be starting soon -- I believe Nordstroms half-annual sale starts the second week of November -- NM and Saks are usually not far behind -- you might be able to find a stam during markdowns -- there are also various sales/special events that happen occasionally (for ex: Bloomingdales just had a 20/30% sale -- spend up to $500 get 20% your purchase, spend $500 or more & get 30% off) -- you could get a stam during one of these special events

this season is also a great one to purchase a stam as there are so many different variations -- the soft body stams have much lighter chains with leather shoulder pads -- you should check out this season's stam thread to see all the various styles/colors: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/too-many-stams-so-little-time-and-money-325504.html

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
i think ebay is a great place to go, so then you can get it at a discount off retail price. you never really know if i will work until you get it, plus, the 2005 ones are really just superb! if you could knab one of those, i know you'd be in love

SarahP

Purse Monster
O.G.
Jul 26, 2008
I just got my first! When I first tried it on, I wasn't sure she was for me, but slowly but surely (not that slowly actually) she grew on me. I love my stam now! Good luck finding one--its seems that some good deals pop up all the time, you just have to be vigilant, and make sure you authenticate!

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
i love the stam. now's a great time to get one since there are so many variations available: quilted classic, python, sunburst, daydream. plus there are a bunch of older season stams along with patchwork styles currently on ebay. there's an amazingly gorgeous bordeaux one up for bid right now. good luck with your search!