I think I need to spend some money!

namie

O.G.
Sep 27, 2007
Urgh! It is 12.08am now in Singapore and I am still working at office. These late nights are so common at my department that to go back at 7pm is rare.

I hope I can use this to justify rewarding myself with a new bag or a watch (the one in my avatar) this Christmas.

That watch is gorgeous, namie. Who makes it? What bags do you have in mind?

I sucks that you're still at the ofc at 12am! Hopefully some shopping will cure your woes.
It'll be a nice reward, no?

Yeah....late nights at work sucks. Only consolation is I am not the only one in office. I have colleagues to accompany me.

The watch is the Ladies Small Chrono by Girard Perregaux. I am also thinking of one of the following bags (best if I can have all of them)

- Lady Dior (Large)
- Celine's Mini Luggage
- a medium Bay
- a Bal's giant covered city

The thing is the watch is EXPENSIVE (about S$17,000). So if I get the watch, I wouldn't be able to afford a bag for a LONG time.

Whoa, that's very spendy! You can get some really fabulous bags with that plus a less expensive but similar styled watch perhaps...

The watch is gorgeous! But yes, quite spendy. How many bags can you buy for the price of the watch?

Lets say I buy all the bags I want from overseas:

- Large Lady Dior : S$3100
- Balenciaga Covered City : $2,200
- Celine Mini Tote (buy locally cos no difference): S$2,250
- Bay (take the price indicated in consignment shop): $1,100

Total S$8,650 only. Just 50% of the watch!

Namie- Buy the bags you want, and wait for the watch to come on sale. It's been my experience that almost everything I search for ends up on ebay at some point. And that's when I pounce on it! :lol:

End up buying none. I'll wait till December to see if there is any good bonus payout. Also, the money can go into paying for my children's enrichment classes.

ohhh I love the Celine Mini Tote -,y friend has the Medium tote in Black and I love it so - Hope you can get something nice for yourself for Christmas....if you get the watch you can always give it to your kids later :biggrin: xxx

Yeah, watches tend to be more investment-worthwhile as they can be pass on to the next generation. Noticed the watch on my avatar has changed again. This time, this is the Girard Perregaux's Cat's Eye. This watch - only meant to be admired and tried on at watch boutique. WAY beyond me.