I think I need help!

Pink_Katana

Jun 17, 2007
Hello everyone!

I'm in a dilemma! the past 2 seasons Balenciaga are introducing so many new styles and in my opinion very unique colors. My love for Balenciaga has grown this season in a way I never thought was possible lol

I've been collecting Balenciaga the last few years and my bal family has grown alot that I'm running out of space! There are so many bags I hardly used in the last 2 years. I've never considered it before but I'm thinking of selling some of my bags. I don't need the funds and I'm not advertising my bags btw. Its just that i don't know what to do. should I keep my bags or sell the ones I'm not using?

I'll be moving to a new house later this year so the space won't be a problem anymore. But there's still the guilt of keeping expensive bags that I'm not using just laying there.

what should i do?! I just tried to count them and I have over 75 items :Push:

Oh my, you make me feel sane with only 12 (so far...)!

Here's my take. If you don't need the money, are you prepared to take a loss if you sell? It's a bad economy and rarely does a seller break even or make a profit. If you won't miss the bags once gone then it may be wise to sell but if you think you may have regrets then hold off.

It may be a good idea to pull everything out and take a good hard look. Are there duplicate colors/styles that could be pared down? I had to revamp my Chanel collection down to 5 favorites that even though I hardly wear, could never part with because they are special to me. I am not at the point where I feel my Balenciaga collection needs to be downsized but if there comes a time, it wil be a difficult process for sure.

If you do decide to sell, can you at least take pictures of your entire collection before letting them all go? I would love to see 75 bbags all at once, even if they are closet jewelry!! :nuts:

If you're a collector and am happy/comfortable with your collection without having to search for funds on other things - I'd say enjoy them. However, if your guilt is keeping you from enjoying them, or you find yourself second-guessing new purchases - I'd pare it down. Like angelalam mentioned, it'll give you resolve for new purchases :biggrin:

At the number you have, you can wear rotate a bag 5 times a year :biggrin:

If you do decide to sell, can you at least take pictures of your entire collection before letting them all go? I would love to see 75 bbags all at once, even if they are closet jewelry!! :nuts:

I second that!!!

Well, if space wouldn't be an issue later on, you're not really hard-pressed to sell them. So if I were you i'd
(1) Take them all out (remember the photos!)
(2) See which ones you have already grown out of (maybe there's a colour you have grown to hate? can't imagine that)
(3) Sell those first (spread a little happiness around)
(4) And use what is left, please!!!

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read and reply.

I have started taking out some of my bags and accessories. By looking at the usage, styles and similarity in colors I started organising them in 3 piles. The ones I don't mind not having in my collection, the ones I'm not sure of and last the ones I'll never give up!

That made me feel better. So thank you everyone it really made a difference having this space to talk about something that's been bothering me :smile:

mere girl, your comment made me smile. I do have a couple of bags that I never actually used and what you said made sense.

Hank I'd take pictures for sure! Its something I've been meaning to do but didn't have the time yet. I can't imagine taking them all out at once! yikes :P

75 items? Wow, I would like to play in your closet;)
If you haven't used some of the bags for a very long time, I would say sell them. It's better that they go to a new home to someone who will use them instead of being stored in the closet!

Thanks everyone again.

I think it makes sense. I have 4 works and I only use 2 of them. I have 6 cities and I mostly use 3 of them. And some styles I don't use like purse and box which I only have cos both are discontinued.

There are a lot of things to consider.

sell what you don't use. it will just gather dust and lose more in resale value when you keep them longer.
sell while they're hot so you can get good prices for them.
great strategy to classify them as keepers/BBFF and semi-keepers and no-sense- keepers.
and yes, keep the GGH...it will only come back for black city and no more for all other colors.