I think I might be cured.....

jem_art

Jun 6, 2009
I feel the madness leaving me, I no longer want anymore bags. Could it be I'm cured? or is a relapse imminent? Those who have been in this position please share your thoughts and experiences.

Every time I've said I don't want another bag or have put myself on the Mulberry sofa, I immediately find something I have to have or, in the case of olive Ledbury, just can't pass up.

I don't think I'm the only one either!

I'm with Hula and KLP on this one...I was singing from the same hymn sheet as you for a while a few months ago Jem UNTIL I saw the Black Mabel Hobo IRL and that set me off again.:nuts:..and then the Mitzy Hobo compounded it, but maybe you're made of sterner stuff ! Only time will tell...:graucho:

Sterner stuff? no not really I just get bored and shift my focus onto something else, I am a serial hobbyist you could say. And a collector (or should that read hoarder?) of many different things.
I have been known to rediscover former past times though.

Sterner stuff? no not really I just get bored and shift my focus onto something else, I am a serial hobbyist you could say. And a collector (or should that read hoarder?) of many different things.
I have been known to rediscover former past times though.

Just like me. My collections (listed in no particular order) have included:

• Comics
  • Star Trek books and fanzines (have actually disposed of these)
  • Old postcards
  • Victorian photographs
  • Science fantasy / horror novels (I was into vampires before the recent craze made them seem so cozy)
  • Old (ideally illustrated) books including bound Strand Magazines (for Sherlock Holmes)
  • Jet, Vulcanite and mourning jewellery
  • Pearls
  • Bedouin and Indian silver jewellery
  • Doujinshi related to video games
  • Vintage plastic
  • Small Indian bronze sculptures
  • Cacti
  • Music of varying types (early secular, new wave, folk, alt country, world)
  • ........guess what?!

I still have most of this stuff and could start buying more at any time. I doubt that you are cured. If you STOP looking at tpf/Ebay/Mulberry website you may go into remission for a while. As soon as you start any of those activities up again I bet that your addiction will come back.

Last edited:
''If you STOP looking at tpf/Ebay/Mulberry website you may go into remission for a while.''

I agree with Jenova, this is the only way......... and not entering the Mulberry stores off course!

Staying off ebay is very hard right now because I'm supposed to be clearing all my clutter - so far I've just been swapping my junk for more handbags :nuts:
And being online already means tpf is only a click away so no hope of keeping me off here either! Mulberry shops are safe though, the nearest one is a whole county away.

My addiction revolves around clothes and handbags. So if I'm not currently madly into handbags, I'll definitely shift my attention to clothes.
Maybe you're just like me, Jem_art, you have shifted your interest to clothes/shoes at the moment, but as soon as you see something in the handbag department that tickles your fancy,well, well.. the rest they say is history.

Jem_art, I am totally in the same boat! And I feel so relieved. I hope this lasts until X-mas :biggrin:. I have had a really close look at my bags and I am actually ready to downsize now. It feels so good to get rid of stuff!

However, I have had these "sane periods" before and they've only lasted a couple of months. LOL. I guess once ladies here start to report any fall promotions, I will get excited about bags again. But until then, I am going to enjoy this! I hope you do, too!

I'm less than impressed with this seasons offering, all a bit too city chic for me so probably won't feel the need to splurge in the sales.
I love tooled leather, applique and big buckles - not much of that around at the moment, though if they go and reissue the tooled bayswater in some new colourways I am so going to buy one of each! and the matching purses too.