i think i have a fake lv i got on ebay, what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loverbag

Aug 10, 2008
hi guys,

i recently won an bag on ebay. I got the bag authenticated here on this forum, and it was Good to go ahead and buy.
The bag came today and to my horror, the dustbag was thin, it wasnt thick cloth material, it has a tag inside that said ''100% cotton, made in italy'' the bag had no Lv smell at all.
The seller havnt use this bag, said it is brand new. but there were no lv leather smell.
On the aution listing, the seller stated money back if found unauthentic. The seller is telling me to go to the Lv store and get it authenticated. But we all know Lv dont do that.
What can i do, I did pay by Paypal

????
need help =[

LV can come from Italy, and my LV in San Diego, Neiman Marcus (hes a new kid) does authenticate, well he matches up the bags...-rolls eyes- you simply tell the Seller, hey this isn't as the description said, if you cant find anyone to authenticate than I don't know, some people think a little white lie, and tell her you want your money back than, send it back and hopefully all is good..you might just be out the shipping...i wish you luck, and if you need references I can probally try to find this website which was AMAZINGLY helpful!

what i mean is, inside the dustbag there is a tag that says '' 100%cotton, made in italy''.
Its just awaiting game here. The seller is 100% sure of herself that she bought it from the Lv store herself.
Its just sad to see how people can rip you off =[

Take HQ pics of the heat stamps, stitching, upclose leather shots, podlocks & keys and we can help. If the bag doesn't smell like Lv but smells like plastic or rubber and still has leather it's a fake bag.

this bag is from 05...(if this is the one you got/from pic's posted in the authentic this thread.) its not going to smell like leather .. its 4 yrs old. (shrugs)

You need to post pics of the bag for the authenticators to look at. LV did look at my pap to verify it was authentic but I have great relationship with my SA so I don't know if they will do it for just anyone if there hasn't been a relationship built with an SA.

Please take pics and post them before you file a claim with paypal.

Last edited:
hi guys,

i recently won an bag on ebay. I got the bag authenticated here on this forum, and it was Good to go ahead and buy.
The bag came today and to my horror, the dustbag was thin, it wasnt thick cloth material, it has a tag inside that said ''100% cotton, made in italy'' the bag had no Lv smell at all.
The seller havnt use this bag, said it is brand new. but there were no lv leather smell.
On the aution listing, the seller stated money back if found unauthentic. The seller is telling me to go to the Lv store and get it authenticated. But we all know Lv dont do that.
What can i do, I did pay by Paypal

????
need help =[

You are saying the bag is fake because the dust bag says "Made in Italy" (Which many authentic dust bags do) and the bag doesn't smell brand new?

You must be kidding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.