I think I hate my black jumbo caviar. :(

Metrowestmama

Lover of Bling
O.G.
Jan 15, 2013
I just bought my first Chanel bag (at full retail price.) It is the 16 series in black caviar. But it looks horrible. It looks gray and the caviar is so rough that it looks cheap. I don't know what to do since I have wanted this bag for so long. Thinking about returning it and searching for an older version. I hate to wait for the next group since prices are going up. Or will the one I have now get better with time (Softer? Shiner??)

I swapped out like 5 caviars to find one that I liked (1 for myself & 1 for my sister throughout the whole year). I ended up with a lambskin for myself after seeing my first "bad" caviar & just traded that with my sister who plans on wearing it for special occasions for her caviar since I wanted to carry it daily and with a baby. Keep looking. Don't keep a bag that you don't like for $5K. Also, I saw your other post. The lambskin is beyond beautiful. It is more striking to me than the caviar & just beautifully made & stronger than expected. I just wanted a little more durable for my new mommy status coming soon :smile:. Hope any of this helps you!!

I swapped out like 5 caviars to find one that I liked (1 for myself & 1 for my sister throughout the whole year). I ended up with a lambskin for myself after seeing my first "bad" caviar & just traded that with my sister who plans on wearing it for special occasions for her caviar since I wanted to carry it daily and with a baby. Keep looking. Don't keep a bag that you don't like for $5K. Also, I saw your other post. The lambskin is beyond beautiful. It is more striking to me than the caviar & just beautifully made & stronger than expected. I just wanted a little more durable for my new mommy status coming soon :smile:. Hope any of this helps you!!

@i.am.mimi Congrats on the Mommyhood! I'm in the same boat. A Mom of two. At this point wondering if I should just get the lambskin and use it for special occasions and get a Cerf for daily use instead. But I do love the Jumbo so if there is hope in finding another, I can keep looking.

Looks good on the pictures you posted. Do you have any pictures in natural light? I have seen a few grayish ones too when I visited the boutique a few weeks ago... I know what you mean. If you are not happy with it don't keep it. Hope you find the ONE! GL ;)

if you don't love it, get the one you really do. my lambskin flap which i love is used for special occasions. personally, i don't think flaps are for everyday use, prefer totes or other bags. i am not a fan of jumbo though i know many are. feel that flaps are supposed to be elegant and the jumbo size doesn't cut it for me.

i can see from the photo what you mean. it doesn't feel luxurious like lambskin does but caviar is more durable if you want to use it daily.

I think your bag looks great, I am wondering if it is looking more gray due to the silver? maybe you should see if you can exchange it for a gold one? Other then that it looks like a great bag

I think your bag looks great, I am wondering if it is looking more gray due to the silver? maybe you should see if you can exchange it for a gold one? Other then that it looks like a great bag

This is a good thought - the gold hardware might provide more of a contrast and make it seem more black than gray?

Here is a picture of the bag I got.

I think it's gorgeous!! But.. You should feel happy with your bag;) I have the same bag w/ GHW and I love it!! It's so elegant and great not to be worry that any little thing could ruin your gorgeous bag. The most important thing here is not just to have a 5K bag is about feeling great with it!.. Good luck I hope you find the one that really makes you happy!

I am not a fan of the non-shiny black classic flaps either. Since you feel this way, take it back. You spent a large amount of money on a handbag so you need to LOVE it. Next time go in person and make sure it is shiny and "blacker" in color. If you cannot go in person, have the sa send you photos. You are spending over $5,000. so shouldn't be too large of a request. Good luck!

im not a fan of the way these new caviars are coming out! i would def return if you are unhappy! if you feel that the jumbo flap is for you, i would consider getting one from a past series