I think I had a totally crazy seller

Gabs007

Sofa King Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Bought a not too expensive item, the daughter of a friend wanted a certain Cavalli belt for her bday, it is a few years old and frankly a bit too much "in your face" but teenagers want what they want, is the belt she wants for her bday. so found the belt, bought it, paid for it, a week after it was due to be delivered still not sent, so I pressed "Item not received" she sent a message she will sent it ASAP, well she sent it over a week later and eBay had closed the case, I go a barrage of insults that I am trying to cheat her, what a low life I am, she will sue me, so I went to eBay, they said no tracking info was uploaded, they closed the case, 4 days after they closed the case, the belt is delivered, in the meantime I have 50 angry mails calling me everything under the sun, I replied I have the belt, she comes back with she wants the money, the belt and the postage (mind you her postage was 4 times the actual postage), I told her since it was quite late, I will pay her the actual postage and the item price, she send her PP but demands 10 times more, as she sold the belt too cheap, I politely told her, I bought it for a certain price, in a certain delivery frame, according to eBay I do not need to pay her but since I finally got it and I do not want to have an item I didn't pay for, I am willing to pay, otherwise she can issue me a return label and get the belt back, which is also in a considerably worse state than advertised, it looked like she was holding it to show it, but her fingers actually were carefully placed over scuffed parts. She wants the money, I paid, now our brain surgeon doesn't check her PP and keeps on cussing me out for not sending the money, I gave her the transaction ID on PP an told her to check her PP, said that I was - according to eBay - not obliged to pay, but did it because otherwise I would feel bad, a decent person would say "thank you" not send me abuse.

It is one of those cases where you just delete everything they send, tried to contact eBay regarding the abuse, they really aren't interested. Apparently all not her fault because messages were not sent to her phone, I opened the case too early (ffs, a week after it should be due and she hasn't marked it as sent, I think I was patient especially since she ignored 2 messages with "Would you please post it, if there is a problem posting, please let me know"), I get people have lives and all that, but if I buy something, I expect a semi reasonable posting, I can understand a busy week, but in her case over 2 busy weeks, but it is not her fault, I am a horrible stupid person. I hope she doesn't breed....

I would not have given her a red cent. She would get her damn belt shipped back to her by the slowest cheapest means available.

My friend's daughter wanted it, she is now outraged that I paid the actual postage costs (according to the price tag and the item) and wants more than it sold for, I suggested she sues me and I present the evidence, I have the suspicion she is not very well adjusted or bright

Reactions: caannie
Actually had that happening a few times now, where sellers sent a message after the auction that they listed too low, and then give me their PP and tell me how much they want or they cancel, I prefer to let them cancel as it seems shady, they could list for a higher price or put a reserve on

Reactions: BowieFan1971
Although you don't owe her anything since ebay issued the refund when it wasn't sent, having received it, you wouldn't feel right keeping it for free.

Under normal circumstances, if this were my purchase, I think I probably would repay the amount I'd originally paid (sent as goods and services so she would be on the hook for PP fees) even if the shipping charge was excessive. Since it was stated up front and you knew what it was, you chose to buy and pay it.

BUT -- and yes, there's a but. You agreed to the shipping based on the assumption of an item "as described." Since the condition isn't as described and since she overcharged for shipping, I'd suggest that the repayment be amount of the item price plus the actual amount of shipping.

And after all the nasty emails, I think appropriate factual and unemotional feedback is in order: "Seller shipped 2 weeks late and sent abusive emails."

The postage was for 1st class signed for plus a packaging surcharge, 1st class is usually 2 day delivery, she sent 2nd class and not signed for in a flimsy plastic shopping bag (the cheap white ones you get for bakery products or market purchases), and sending was 3 weeks later. I usually don't quibble much about postage charges as I rather pay a bit more and have reasonable and protective packaging instead of an item being damaged in transport. Due to that and that the item was considerably flawed, I paid her the item price and actual postage. from buying to sending it actually took her 3 weeks to send (one week after it was due to arrive, which was 2 weeks after purchase, she hadn't sent, then it took her another week, that was why eBay refunded).

Tbh if my friend's daughter hadn't had her heart set on that belt, I would have told her to issue me a return label then she can have it back, as it was, I paid her the actual postage and the item. When she started to get totally out of line with threats, I mentioned that I have now 57 messages from her, I responded to the 1st 5 to figure out the problem, then requested that after I paid she leaves me alone as I really don't want contact. Should she continue, she can discuss the case of electronically harassing, threatening and bullying me with the police. That seems to have worked, I got one message telling me all my fault but not the usual barrage of a ton of messages calling me names.

So you have the belt and want to keep it and repaid her, correct?
If so, you can report her for her barrage of harassing emails but also just do not read a single one of them. She sends an email? Delete. Repeat as necessary.
But if you also sell on Ebay, place the seller on your BBL, just in case.

So you have the belt and want to keep it and repaid her, correct?
If so, you can report her for her barrage of harassing emails but also just do not read a single one of them. She sends an email? Delete. Repeat as necessary.
But if you also sell on Ebay, place the seller on your BBL, just in case.

I tried that but seriously, they do not understand, one of the "advisors" suggested I go to her listing and report the listing and put in comments. Doesn't even work... Since I told her if she keeps it up I report her to the police, she has shut up.

The thing that gets me is, none of this is my doing, it wasn't that I pressed "not received" the day after it was due, I pressed it a week after the estimated delivery should have happened, in fact over 2 weeks later, when she still hadn't marked it as sent, she then took an additional week to send it, not as advertised and charged for 1st class and signed for but cheapest possibly way. I did log into PP and paid when it finally arrived, days after eBay had closed the case, she didn't bother checking her PP but called me a thief and a scammer. I contacted eBay to try and sort it out through the system first, as I don't like going outside, but was told that if I absolutely want to pay, to contact her and pay into her PP but under no obligation and that she was told that already when she tried to appeal, because she waited far too long with the sending.

I was imagining what a joy she must be IRL, if she ever went to school, I bet it was always the dog who ate her homework...

My email automatically shows the 1st few lines of a new email, I was planning to read them anyway, especially if the 1st line is very "fruity".

It's actually only due to avoiding shops due to the current Covid crisis, that I looked on eBay again lately, if somebody sends me a message that they can't send within a certain time frame, not an issue, but if somebody ignores all your messages and doesn't send, you do wonder if they are going to send at all.

I agree that it's sometimes fun and humorous to read those messages from an unhinged sender.

So open, read, giggle, but ignore and don't respond!

I agree that it's sometimes fun and humorous to read those messages from an unhinged sender.

So open, read, giggle, but ignore and don't respond!

I did read one or two, not too much fun, seriously, I never heard of somebody who has Tourette's when it comes to writing, her spelling is something else, basically the only things she spells right are profanities and instead of using any punctuation, she uses the emoji with the raised middle finger. Since the average IQ is around 100 (so some have 120 and another one has 80) in her case, I think somebody must have an IQ of 140, because she seems to be stuck on 60.

I wouldn't keep an item without paying, it is not right, but before it was finally delivered to me, she already demanded the money, the item, the postage and compensation for her stress. As soon as I got it, I contacted eBay what to do and how I can pay correctly without breaching any eBay rules, but I wasn't going to pay again for an item I didn't actually have, that was her 1st demand, especially since she put it in such flowery terms as calling me a dirty ...whipe who is trying to scam her. As I said, my friend's daughter absolutely wanted the belt, she is having her 16th and can't have a party due to social distancing measures, that is the only reason why I kept it and didn't go "Issue me a return label and you can have your belt back".

PS: Talking with the eBay support staff is also not fun, they go "You don't need to pay" - me "Look, the item finally arrived over 3 weeks later but it did arrive, I WANT to pay as I got the item" - support staff "But you don't need to pay, we closed it before you got the item" me "Yes, but I have an item, the honest thing is to pay for it, how can I pay for it without violating your rules" support staff "You are not obliged to pay, we closed the case, but if you wish, you can ask for her PP and pay" - 45 minutes of my life later....

Actually had that happening a few times now, where sellers sent a message after the auction that they listed too low, and then give me their PP and tell me how much they want or they cancel, I prefer to let them cancel as it seems shady, they could list for a higher price or put a reserve on
Wow!! That’s horrible! I’ve been selling on E for about 5 years...now I prefer Tradsey or RealReal becuz of all the scammers on E and those other sites like P and Merc

Wow!! That’s horrible! I’ve been selling on E for about 5 years...now I prefer Tradsey or RealReal becuz of all the scammers on E and those other sites like P and Merc

If they do that, I let them cancel, some actually cancel straight away and then ask you to pay x amount to them if you want the item, I don't get it why they don't list the item as higher if they want more? Has it to do with eBay fees, but they pay the fees for the auction they cancelled? I think I start doing negatives with "Seller canceled", some of them are totally blatant with "Given that due to the current situation you don't have to go to the shop, I decided that I want .... for the item" - I totally get it if something gets broken by mistake, but that isn't the case with them, sometimes when the price is reasonable but on the cheaper side (possibly not as much as they expected to make) they cancel and relist straight away, sometimes they ask for additional money, it is all a bit weird.

I don't like TRR, in Europe you pay massive postage and custom fees, if you have to return something because it has damages they didn't mention, you are still stuck with postage and custom duties.