I think I got accused of wearing fakes!

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I went over to Saks on my lunch break to try on some nudes. The sales guy wasn't uber friendly but nice enough. He got me the shoes I wanted to look at and I sat down to try them on. I took off my black Defils and the sales guy goes, "Humm...those are CLs"? I said yes. Then he goes, humm...I have never seen these before....I don't think Louboutin actually did something like this". I told him they were an older style. Then I walked over to the mirror to check out the nude Simples. When I turned around to walk back to the couch he had my Defil in his hand and he was inspecting the sole, heel etc. I then had him put the shoes on hold and I left. I was irritated when I left but now I am downright offended.
WTF?

Wow....seriously?! You should have asked him if he was new...

That is ridiculously rude! Why would anybody go look at CLs if they were wearing fakes? I'm sorry that happened to you...

WOW~ thats so stupid!!! I hate people like that! Some SA's are very snooty and when you try CL's on they are only friendly when they think your going to buy...ex: dressed well, expensive purse...yata yata. NoW NOT all are like that....but this guy seems to have been~ I would have been just as offended as you! WOW. Dont buy them from him! If anything and you want them really bad? go back and make a point to ask for someone else...try the shoes on again and buy them from another SA. I would be so mad as well! sorry to hear hun!

How rude! You're there to buy shoes not be ridiculed. I have the same situations happen to me all of the time. I live in a small town where they know that CLs have a red sole but not much else. When I got my first pair of CLs and wore them to my senior year in high school and this snotty girl compared my black patent VPs to her Forever 21 knockoffs. She thought I bought my pair at Forever 21!!! :wtf: I'm so sorry this happened to you but at least you know that you don't have fakes!

WOW. I'm sorry he was so rude! Like DC said, just because he may know the new styles doesn't give him any knowledge by osmosis of the older styles. Geez.

I would have been tempted to snatch my shoe out of his hand and stalk off.

UGH! I hate snooty SA's! Like what makes them feel like they have the right to judge people like they are better? The fact that they're SELLING the shoes that we're buying???

Very rude. 99% of the SA's I've come in contact with (not including CL boutique SA's) know next to nothing about CL styles and sizing. I would have set this guy straight :nogood:

actually, that happened to me once with my Iowa Zeppas - because they never carried that style at Saks that year, the SA didn't know what they were! I told him, "that's because I bought them next door (at Neiman Marcus)."

Sometimes they're just not very well versed in the styles.