I think I got accused of wearing fakes!

What a weirdo :weird: , obviously a very ignorant man. He has no people skills , what is he doing in sales??. A clear wrong career path.
I am sorry you felt offended OP, but it's kind of sad the level of stupidity of the SA.

When you don't know that much about CL's (the SA case) don't act like you do and make feel people uncomfortable for your scarce knowledge.

the guy is either a newb or they transferred him from a different floor. whenever i call and ask for a particular style, i have to describe to the SAs what it looks like :s

^ yeah, this usually seems to be the case for me too. I guess that's why I prefer to go to the boutiques directly. You definitely don't have to worry with SAs who aren't knowledgeable there.

I would definitely complain to the shoe dept manager. That was way out of line. It really wasn't his problem or business whether your shoes were real or fake, you weren't there to return them. Most managers would not want an SA insulting a potential buyer EVEN if they though their shoes were fake!

Arrrrgggggggg :mad::rant::censor:
If that were me i would have set him straight!

I find that SA working at department stores know absolutely nothing about CL. I love when i walk into a store and ask a SA for a CL by style name and they just stare at me with this blank look on their face! lol

I've heard similar stories from people who carry vintage bags into boutiques. Most SAs, even in the boutiques, don't stay around long and often aren't fans of the designer/design house. They know what they have to sell (mostly) and very little outside of that.

That said, it's NEVER appropriate to treat customers badly, either out loud or by your actions. SAs not helping customers because they assume someone doesn't have money based on how they're dressed is a similar sort of thing. It's just stupid, and it loses SAs a lot of sales. More than they realize, probably. (My best story in that vein involves Xavier Roberts, the guy who created Cabbage Patch Kids, and a car salesman.)