I think I got A Fake

Ladies I have some good news. I spoke to the staff at a Miu Miu store near me. I am taking the bag in on saturday but their initial reaction is it sounds ok :wtf:. I said are you joking??????? Apparently some Miu Miu bags have linings made in China or Turkey and the label refers to the lining. Just for those of you who are interested, all Prada are made in Italy, where it says Turkey that is referring to the lining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazing huh?
anyway they told me to take it in to make a definitive assessment and I will keep you posted

I've read an article once before that stated those "made in china" tags can sometimes be found inside authentic Prada nylon cosmetic cases. But nothing about Miu Miu handbags.
Thanks andro, it is iportant to know these things. Lets face it, a Made In China label on an item we spend so much on as Italian made goods is not good reading.

of course their made in italy! its prada,and they are italian.made in china! i dont think so...the only bag i know thats real and made in china is coach. if you buy a coach bag and it says its made in the us,its a FAKE..

of course their made in italy! its prada,and they are italian.made in china! i dont think so...the only bag i know thats real and made in china is coach. if you buy a coach bag and it says its made in the us,its a FAKE..
Yes but there has been a lot of talk of Prada bags with made in turkey labels inside. i think I have discovered this refers to the lining but I am going to a Prada amd Miu Miu store tomorrow to clear this confusion up. will keep you posted.

I have seen miu miu in department stores (sunnies, but still) that are made in china. This is precisely why I REFUSE to buy a MIU MIU and stick to Prada only. Good luck!

News....I took the bag to two Miu Miu shops yesterday and spoke to managers who have been there for years. My bag IS authentic. The labels you see which sometimes say China and often say Turkey refer to the lining. Apparently they are not permitted to say Made In Italy unless all components are made in Italy :yahoo:

Congrats! I thought it was more likely to be real since it said "Made In China" than if it said "Made in Italy" since the fakers will lie to make it sound more appealing. I saw on the Tyra Banks Show, when they were comparing fakes - they had a fake Coach bag and a real Coach bag, the fake said "Made in USA" (which obviously it wasn't) and the real one said "Made in China".

Congrats! I thought it was more likely to be real since it said "Made In China" than if it said "Made in Italy" since the fakers will lie to make it sound more appealing. I saw on the Tyra Banks Show, when they were comparing fakes - they had a fake Coach bag and a real Coach bag, the fake said "Made in USA" (which obviously it wasn't) and the real one said "Made in China".
yes this was exactly what I was thinking. If they could fake everything else they could fake a Made In Italy tag