I think I found ou my Dogs Breed

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
My little Sooty has been with me for 3 weeks. She is an unusual looking dog and we assumed she was a cross breed. However today we bought a dog breed book and she looks just like a Lancashire Heeler ( I hadnt heard of it either ) I am very excited to have possibly found her identity and I am in touch with the official channels in Uk for confirmation. I will keep you posted.

Attachments

• sootysun.jpg
    sootysun.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 96
shewas a rescuedog from RSPCA. They just have dogs in and out to homes, they are not breed experts. I didnt mind if she was breed or not but I became interested because she has a slight limp and I wanted to know if it was hereditary.

She's very sweet and pretty -- no matter what breed she is! I don't know if you have this in the UK, but I had my dog's DNA tested to see what breed he was.

I've never heard of that breed. Someone else here posted about a DNA test to determine what combo of breeds her dog was. I don't recall if she lives in the US or the UK.

I was wondering if I could DNA her. There is one characteristic of the Lancashire Heeler she definitely has....she smiles!!! Haha its true. My little boy kept telling me the dog was smiling and I was explaining to him dogs dont smile but I read on a website that they do and I have noticed it too. Its hilarious!!

how much was the dna test and whats involved? i know my pom is a pom, but i adopted her and at the shelter they were convinced she was purebreed and i was just curious :smile: TIA

It cost $120 and the vet's office took a small sample of blood from a vein in his leg. They sent it to a lab and we got the results in about three weeks.

There is also a test that you can do at home by taking a swab to the inside of your dog's mouth and then sending that off to a lab, but I don't know anything else about that one.

It was a lot of fun to get the results and for some reason, I just feel "complete" now that I know what my beloved Casey is.;)