I think i bought a fake Chanel for $2900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sisqo09

Feb 14, 2013
Ok. So i purchased the Chanel Jumbo flap for $ 2900. It is second hand and the seller had lost the hologram card, but it was ok since i had no plans of selling it. She bought the bag in Australia in 2011. I believe its real because I have noe reason to believe its not. It looks perfect, i have searched through internet to find the difference between the real and fake and I have concluded that its real.

I checked the serial nr and its 489***** and its from 2011? Is that right? I also compared the leather with my mini chanel bag, and the mini is just so much softer (both lambskin) the mini is also vintage and has the nr 1705****. The Jumbo is a little harder even tho its soft aswell.

I cant upload pics since my camera isnt working but I will borrow my sisters and upload it tomorrow.

We need to see some pictures to determine the authenticity. Why do you think it's fake? You said you thought it was real at first.
Anyway, your vintage mini should have 7-digit number (from 1989-1991) and the jumbo has 7-digit number as well (from 1996-1997, not from 2011).

image-1160803438.jpg

We need to see some pictures to determine the authenticity. Why do you think it's fake? You said you thought it was real at first.
Anyway, your vintage mini should have 7-digit number (from 1989-1991) and the jumbo has 7-digit number as well (from 1996-1997, not from 2011).

View attachment 2082444

Yeah I will post pictures tomorrow, since my camera isnt working right now.

I dont know how old the mini is but I know its authentic. And if its from 1989-1991 then the lambskin has hold up very well!

However the Jumbo seller said she bought the bag in 2011 and has 8 digit serial nr starting with 489, so this is not right?

It LOOKS authentic and everything about is authentic, but then again its my second purchase and I have a very untrained eye. Promise to upload some pics tomorrow.

I dont know how old the mini is but I know its authentic. And if its from 1989-1991 then the lambskin has hold up very well!

However the Jumbo seller said she bought the bag in 2011 and has 8 digit serial nr starting with 489, so this is not right?

It LOOKS authentic and everything about is authentic, but then again its my second purchase and I have a very untrained eye. Promise to upload some pics tomorrow.

If it has 8-digit number so it should start with 1.

Looking forward to see your bag....
Where did you buy it?
The experience TPFer's can definitely help you out (as sooooo many did for me)...
or you can even get authentication from etinceler or any other authentication sites for a really small fee... that would let you know for sure on top of that you can you it prove it's not authentic, if it really isn't...

Hi if it's bought in 2011 most likely it will start with 14xxxxxx or 15xxxxxx.
Pls post pics as we are also curious why you said that you were sure it was real but now you doubt it.

hi Sisqo09, I do have to mention that you repeatedly mentioned the serial number starts from 489 and is an eight digit. Hence we just highlighted that 8 digits number should start with 14, not 4. but in your authentication thread you mentioned serial is 14xxxxxx. So which is which now? From the photos of you bag, i cant tell its fake.Let's see what the authenticators say. good luck!

hi Sisqo09, I do have to mention that you repeatedly mentioned the serial number starts from 489 and is an eight digit. Hence we just highlighted that 8 digits number should start with 14, not 4. but in your authentication thread you mentioned serial is 14xxxxxx. So which is which now? From the photos of you bag, i cant tell its fake.Let's see what the authenticators say. good luck!

Ahhhh I feel so stupid! The sticker in the bag had some dirt on it, and when I cleaned it now the 1 showed up! So it does start with 14. In the receipt it also starts with 14 and thats what I was looking at when i wrote in the authentication thread. I was just abt to cry thats why I've been stressing like a maniac abt this bag! The serial nr didnt make any sense to me but now it does. I genuinely believe its a real one because its PERFECT, but since its vintage I'd like now.

Status
Not open for further replies.