I swear, Coach needs to get their act together!!!!!

aiyiyi

Sep 29, 2009
Ugh, stuff like this makes me want to just quit with Coach all together!

I wrote a few weeks ago about my Julia. I am in Canada, and my store told another tpf'er that she could order it, and they told me I can't. They made it seem like I was lying when I told them that people in the US can and have ordered them. I was annoyed, but ended up driving down to Syracuse (3.5 hrs) to get it. Meh.

But now I am LIVID! I bought the metallic peyton exactly 3 weeks ago. When I was there, the SA told me that it would never hit outlets (I know, they always say this! But still) and what do you know, it's there already! So I called up my store and told them about this, asking if they do price adjustments. Well, first of all she tried to tell me that none of the items in the FP stores ever go to the outlets. WTF?! She said sometimes the items are close, but never the same.

So, I told her that I compared the style number and everything. She then just told me I can return the bag (if it's unused, which it is) but they do not ever compete with the outlet.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am sure a lot of us have been in this situation, but it just annoys me so much! Especially since she was making it seem like I am full of it and that it's not the same bag.

Should I email Jax? Or just suck it up and get over it?!

Yikes, I am sorry about this. I never buy FP because I know the bag or item will end up at the outlet. They try to tell you at the FP store that it will not end up there, but i believe they just want you to buy at FP.
The only way to get a price adjustment per say is to buy the bag at the outlet and then return the unused bag you bought at the FP store. Otherwise just suck it up as lesson learned. They will not do a price adjustment for FP items that go to the outlet. Thats just how they work. Everything ends up at the outlet sooner or later.

I've seriously purchased exactly 2 bags from FP in the last year. One only because I had a 40% OFF coupon and the other because I had a $100 GC and hubby INSISTED that I order the inlaid Peyton in blk before it was forever gone. I just cannot bring myself to purchase FP anymore.

With this said, when and if the inlaid Peyton's hit the outlet in blk I'll be OK with it because I've had mine for months. I've spent FP money on bags I've purchased on the bay and Bonanzle, but I WON'T pay FP for any Coach bag unless it's a VERY, VERY extreme case. I feel for ya though.

That is why I seriously considering never buying from FP again. I have a nice collection. And I think I will be content waiting to see if I can get lucky to get the bags that I liked at the FP store when they hit the outlet. I have one of those beautiful metalic peyton hobo's on hold at my outlet for 245 plus tax. So the price of one bag at the FP I can get at least two at the outlet, or maybe 3 if the clearance them out.

everything goes to the outlet I was at the FP store when they told my friend the bag she was buying was only like one per store.. ( a goofy looking purple fringe bag) cost her $1000 now it went to the outlet half off plus 20% what a kick in the butt. so you have to think to yourself Im paying full price for one reason only to have it first. and I don't care about prices.

If I had bought it months ago I wouldn't care, but honestly...a few weeks later?

I have the tag and everything on it so I'm totally returning it!

bluerose, which outlet?! Do they do charge sends?

Have them do a price adjustment. I've done that before. You take your receipt to the boutique and they call up the outlets to get their prices. Then they refund you the difference. I'm sorry you had such an ordeal. That SA doesn't sound very nice either =/

^i remember that. I would have picked the Julia over the Peyton because of it, limited editions esp of that material might sell well but it won't sell out before hitting the outlets

to be fair to the sales person she might be telling you it's not cos she doesn't know any better or because it's what fp people normally do...

it's hard to say but it sounds like she could have had a better attitude about it though~~fp bags never going to outlet??

im getting sick of coach too, i go out to lancaster quite frequently and after last nights post about peytons being at the outlets i called today and some guy said oh no we dont have any peyton at all, it sold out and we wont be getting anymore in. i really dont feel like i believe them, and im dying for the metallic shoulder bag and pear wallet. why would they not have any they're supossed to be a flagship....WHY?!? ugh. i totally feel your frustration...