I survived Black Friday! Post your success stories!!

lol yea, I was going to post about your question on the first page on the "OP" subject. Then, I realized I was on the 1st page and not the last. I woke up not too long ago, still half asleep-thats my excuse lol!

omg! I'd love to go shopping wiht you! I passed on black friday sales but went to nordstrom anyway at around 7 pm to return some sneakers, bought two glossimers, nars blush and shu uemura mascara :biggrin:. I bought some stuff for DD at babystyle and a pyjama set at VS. The mall was still packed that time, I was quite surprised.

Glad to hear you scored good deals, OP!! Here in Mexico we don't have Black Friday (or Thanksgiving, either).. I'm quite close to the border with Texas but the bridges get PACKED. So I'm saving my Xmas bonus for january LOL.

Yes, it is...it happens every year the day after Thanksgiving. Me and my mom went out to the mall at about 6:30am and i got some pretty good snags at express and anchor blue and finish line aaaaaaaaaaaaannndd a few others stores as well. lol It was not as bad as i was expecting other than the alarm constantly going off in all the stores mainly express since the line was curled around the store! We went to Target after and i bought a zune(not on sale) and a few dvd's then went to the block (another mall) It was overall a very fun day!:tup:

Thanks for that!! At least you (and everybody else on here) had a good day! :tup:

Maybe I'm wrong but aren't things cheaper in Mexico? (what part are you from?)

Well.. that depends on what you're getting. Electronics, appliances, and good quality clothing are more expensive than in the US. For example: many of you wouldn't consider JCPenney good quality, per se, but if you were to buy something here for the equivalent price from JCP, you'd get Wal-Mart quality, or even lower. Just last week I was looking at peacoats from Zara (not splendid quality, but OK). They were around 2000 MXN pesos (around 200 US dlls). I can get a similar quality coat from Sears, JCP, or Kohl's for half of that or even less. See what I mean? Makeup, perfumes, and beauty stuff in general also, if they're high-end brands. In fact, anything that's brand name will usually double the US price (exchange rate is already a biatch lol, and they even add more to it). Luckily, I'm only 2hrs away from the border so I save up for shopping sprees over there LOL!

Food, utilities, groceries and gas are definitely cheaper than in the US. My electricity bill only comes up to about 25 dlls every 2 months; and similarly with the rest of the basics in a home.

Also, it really depends on where you live. I'm up north, in Monterrey. This is the 3rd biggest city in the country and mainly industrial, so living is more expensive than down south where it's mainly agricultural lands.

Hope that made any sense LOL.

Well.. that depends on what you're getting......

Hope that made any sense LOL.

I was born and lived in Mexico for 23 years. I am from Sonora (2nd biggest state of Mexico) very close to Monterrey. I just moved to California about three years ago. I wish I can go to Mexico everytime I need a root canal or I want to get my hair or nails done....lol.

In Mexico, most people even with low pay jobs are able and DO own a house. Here is such a PITA., I HATE wasting money on rent every month when I did own a nice one in Mexico. Gosh I miss it so much. :crybaby:

I totally get the whole food and bills thing. Here buying a pair of seven jeans is cheaper than going out to dinner to a nice restaurant or even paying for your monthly cell phone bill. You can score a nice shirt for the same money you spend for a meal. Food is so expensive its :wtf:. I can't help but think of pesos everytime I spend money. I mean Pizza 30 dlls.. 300 pesos, YKWIM.

NOW BACK TO TOPIC!!!! :roflmfao:

I was born and lived in Mexico for 23 years. I am from Sonora (2nd biggest state of Mexico) very close to Monterrey. I just moved to California about three years ago. I wish I can go to Mexico everytime I need a root canal or I want to get my hair or nails done....lol.

In Mexico, most people even with low pay jobs are able and DO own a house. Here is such a PITA., I HATE wasting money on rent every month when I did own a nice one in Mexico. Gosh I miss it so much. :crybaby:

I totally get the whole food and bills thing. Here buying a pair of seven jeans is cheaper than going out to dinner to a nice restaurant or even paying for your monthly cell phone bill. You can score a nice shirt for the same money you spend for a meal. Food is so expensive its :wtf:. I can't help but think of pesos everytime I spend money. I mean Pizza 30 dlls.. 300 pesos, YKWIM.

NOW BACK TO TOPIC!!!! :roflmfao:

Whee!! A fellow Mxn! I totally forgot to mention medical services. They are also WAY cheaper here in MX. With the price you quoted on pizza, you can pay a doctor's appointment here. Ups and downs to everything!

This is why I don't buy any of my makeup or clothes here.. I'd rather wait for a shopping spree in TX!