I survived Black Friday! Post your success stories!!

really?? i remember all the sams club here turned into costcos! i asked the new costco employees and they said the company got out bought by costco. maybe she just told me anything just to give me an answer! good to know! thanks!:tup:

LOL, If Costco could buy out Sam Walton & Co. that would be hilarious!

PS Sam's Club is named after Sam Walton the founder of Wal-Mart. Costco is out of Kirkland, WA and their own company.

I'll be back to report on my Black Friday after I run to Whole Foods.

WHAT A GREAT STORY!!! the employees did a really good job psyching every one up and cheering you guys on!!!

I'm SO EXCITED About the stuff you got LOL

GOOD FOR YOU!!

I wanted to go to woodbury but i had transport and cash issues so i stayed home =P

thinking back on the day hypes me up. thinking about when i was writing this made me hyped, rereading it makes me hyped, and reading what everyone writes back makes me hyped. those feeling of that happy tunnel just keeps coming back. a good haunting!! haha, i feel your excitement for me. and i just wanted to extend my arm and invite you (and the rest of my tpf'ers) to my house to use all my new stuff!! whos about a tpf meet camp out?!?! next year?!!?:roflmfao:

oh i'm so glad you had so much fun! that almost inspires me to get over my greedy old lady knocking me over and spraining my ankle experience from a few years ago. almost. i just don't think i'm that brave.

online shopping for me! lots of free shipping this time of year.

oh my. next time ill go with you to be your personal bodyguard. u can be apart of the "TEAM" (from my OP) ive read online, trying to scoop what other people were bringing to survive the night, and somewhere someone added that they were bringing a taser! (self defense? or just get the hell outta my way?!)

oh, and i just wanted to add, i did go shopping again for about 5 hours today (had to end early, my mom had to visit my great grandmother bc shes sick.) but i got some more great deals. this time it was shopping for myself. i did good yesterday by doing all the xmas shopping (aside from jeans for myself) for everyone else. i totally blocked off looking at things id be tempted to buy.. so today.. oh man. it was magical!

i:heart:bags, come back from whole foods already!! and dish it to me baby!!

Is Black Friday a regular event in America? I have never heard of it before!?

Yes, it is...it happens every year the day after Thanksgiving. Me and my mom went out to the mall at about 6:30am and i got some pretty good snags at express and anchor blue and finish line aaaaaaaaaaaaannndd a few others stores as well. lol It was not as bad as i was expecting other than the alarm constantly going off in all the stores mainly express since the line was curled around the store! We went to Target after and i bought a zune(not on sale) and a few dvd's then went to the block (another mall) It was overall a very fun day!:tup:

Yes, it is...it happens every year the day after Thanksgiving. Me and my mom went out to the mall at about 6:30am and i got some pretty good snags at express and anchor blue and finish line aaaaaaaaaaaaannndd a few others stores as well. lol It was not as bad as i was expecting other than the alarm constantly going off in all the stores mainly express since the line was curled around the store! We went to Target after and i bought a zune(not on sale) and a few dvd's then went to the block (another mall) It was overall a very fun day!:tup:

sounds like fuuun!! Glad to hear all the goodies you packed!!:tup:

LOL love your story OP.

Anyhow, I initially had no plans on going anywhere near a mall on Black Friday. Me being me, I was really impatient to get something that I really wanted from Chanel so I decided to risk it.

I went to Ala Moana shopping center and there was traffic on the way, but that was due to the fact that there was a HUGE football game for the University of Hawaii that had traffic backed out from the football stadium.

Anyhow, after I passed that traffic on the freeway it was clear sailing all the way to the mall! I found parking sooo easily. I just parked at the complimentary valet at Neiman Marcus! It was so quick and so easy. I was really surprised and happy that they weren't full. I tipped the valet guy $5 anyways when I got back though so technically it wasn't "free". Whatever, saves me the hassle of driving around for 20 minutes trying to find parking in a busy mall with rude drivers.

I got exactly what I wanted (not on sale) and went home straight after! Okay, so I didn't really get anything of a bargain on black Friday, but that's about as far as it went for shopping on my part. I can't do the whole camping thing lol. Unless Chanel did a Black Friday sale, then I'd camp out WAY before lol.

The Boise game was AWESOME!! I miss Hawaii so much. :P I would have been one of those at Ala Moana on Black Friday... I heard it wasn't as bad as the outlet.

My Black Friday experience was really great. I did the Coach thing and was 2nd in line I got everything I wanted (and then some) and dealt with the crowds at the other stores. Banana Republic had an hour long line to checkout. Overall, I spent maybe 5 hours shopping all together and got some great deals.

WHAT A GREAT STORY!!! the employees did a really good job psyching every one up and cheering you guys on!!!

I'm SO EXCITED About the stuff you got LOL

GOOD FOR YOU!!

I wanted to go to woodbury but i had transport and cash issues so i stayed home =P

I forgot to add, to add an extra twist, Walmart added "Secret Items" scattered around the store. Those items were not told to the public at all of what they were. And at 4am they came out with maps of the secret items that were scattered around! It was like a scavenger hunt!! :tup:

Hysterical! I love the happy tunnel. I only wish I had the stamina and desire to shop on black friday. Maybe someday, but I do give props to all those of you who headed out.

Dh and I went out later in the day, but we didn't line up anywhere. Amazingly, the parking lots really emptied out everywhere after 1 pm when all the "doorbuster" sales ended! But we weren't really deal hunting; we just wanted to look at toys together and decide on things for the kids.

But we will be looking for a big screen HDTV next year, so I may have to camp out then!

I didnt go anywhere. I went to Saks off fifth the day before TG and did save some money with the 25% off total purchase offer they had. I am glad you guys scored all these great deals,.

OP, did you camp for 48 hours??? that is crazy. You DID it!!

I did not go out until around 10 a.m. Most of what I wanted was electronic items and some of it ended up online, it was a little more with shipping and tax but I did not have to go out.

I didnt go anywhere. I went to Saks off fifth the day before TG and did save some money with the 25% off total purchase offer they had. I am glad you guys scored all these great deals,.

OP, did you camp for 48 hours??? that is crazy. You DID it!!

no not 48 hours in front of the store, i had to run around town/home for the first day just to find all the crap. we moved last year when we sold out house to a suuuuuper small apt. (waiting for a new house because housing market is still falling) so i had to look at all the storage places for all the gear. plus before that, i was cooking for thanksgiving. ha.