I stumble upon this a couple days ago....

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. A couple weeks ago, before I was about to go on my ban, I found this.

[​IMG]

A Men's Day in 05 Chocolate, according to the seller.

I was looking for a Men's Day for sometime. I know it's not really usual of girls to get a Men's day, but I think on my tough day, I'll need one. After all, I'm the messenger bag girl. :graucho: :graucho: :graucho: (There's always new excuses for getting a new Bal.)

So, I made arragement on last Friday. Lucky for me, the seller lives near by so I can just pick up a bag from him.

So, I didn't really pay attention to a detail that much before. All I want to know is the bag's authentic, in a good condition, and what he claim it is.

OK. I'm sure about the first 2 when I pick him up (the bag, if you're any curious. The seller's a cute guy though. ;) ) Anyway, I just get to have a close inspection today (I was super busy during weekend). And this is what I found:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I check with the reference thread. Now, I think I've got a 03 Cafe/Chocolate instead. Correct me if I'm wrong. I just can't believe it.

2. Please forgive me for my horrible photos. I always love the way many of you girls show the slouchiness of your bags in the broken-in-bags thread so I'm trying to do mine. It doesn't go so well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But I can tell you for sure the leather's so soft and fluffy. It's really lovely. Now, I believe all the rave about the oldies. :smile: :smile: :smile:

3. That looks like PHW to me, but of course wait for the experts, I
    am terrible when it comes to colors and HW!
    That leather looks incredible! love the oldies too!
    Whatever it is, that bag is a gorgeous oldie, Congrats!

4. Oops! And for the thread name, I mean a couple weeks ago. ;)

5. Let's see modeling shots!!! I love messenger bags too.

6. Thank you! I'm terrible, too. Normally, I just check the color with the chart. But this color's been reproduced so many times I just can't help wondering what I got. It doesn't come with any cards, just the tassle. That makes I do a double check.

7. #7 Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    ^^I'm pretty sure it's an ? chocolate bag. (found out later!)

I think it's called a "Men's Day bag". Not 100% sure though - wait to see what others say.

8. The Day wasn't made until 2005, and I assume it's the same for the Men's Day. All Men's bags (Day, Weekender, etc) have pewter hardware - so I think you probably got what the seller advertised the bag to be - 05 Choco w the Pewter HW that's standard to Men's bags.

Leather looks gorgeous, congrats!:yahoo:

9. Modeling shots. ;) I just grab something I wear today to work. For reference, I'm 158 cm. Way too chubby. ;) Excuse my messy closet. It's the only place I have a full lenght mirror.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cross body:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. you are lucky to get this oldie, it looks great to me! the leather and the color!
    congratulations!

and how excited to trade with the seller face-to-face!

you wear the Men's Day very well!

11. Vink, that looks like Chocolate to me. (And all Men's Days - and the mens' Bbags, in general - come with silver hardware that looks like pewter. I have a Men's Day in Taupe - really cool bag!)

Here are pics of my 05 Chocolate Day and my 07 Cafe Brief, so you can compare the colours.

1. Chocolate
    [​IMG]

2. Cafe
    [​IMG]

12. Thank you so much!!! This is new info for me. Never know Bal has different hardware for Men and Women's line. Thanks a lot! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

13. Love it on you courier style! Don't you love having a hands free bag? So much easier.

14. Meganka - Thank you so much! :love::love::love: Yes. I was so exciting. Plus, the seller's so cute and we really hit it off, continue talking about BBag for almost 2 hours after that. Too bad he's gay, in a very obvious way he even mention his partner, and I'm already married. ;)

MichK - Thanks a lot for your pix. Aw... that's really blind my eyes. I just don't know which is which. Both are gorgeous browns. :smile: And they look so similar. Um... but if I check at the tassle... (This sound so crazy, I'm thinking that. ;) ) um... I think it's the 05 chocolate! Plus, the leather's different from those 07 bags I have. I think I'm pretty positive it's 05. Thank you so much!!!

15. Beau - ;) Yes! It makes life a lot easier and very comfortable. Actually, this is why I prefer PT to City coz I can wear it on my shoulder. I'd love to have a courier too, actually, but it's too big on me. Really weight me down so this is just right.