I splurged on a BE and need advice :)

hi if it helps I have a pewter crash TME midi and a black crash Hug Me. I haven't protected either, and although i use the pewter more than the black although it has smooshed down its still hardwearing - i have 2 small kids and take mine out in rain, the water just wipes off with a towel and it stays fine. i'd protect Sheen or Matte leathers but not crash. enjoy!

Hi Suzi,

Yes, I"ve heard that pewter in the past has peeled to where you can see "black" underneath it's surface.

I"m not sure if my PF friend posted about her most recent experience with her pewter wtm midi or not but she passed on the information to me recently.

Also, if I"m not mistaken I believe one of our PF member's had some issues with her pewter AP. Maybe she can chime in?

Suzi, I wouldn't worry though. I"m not BECAUSE I absolutely love pewter. It's stunning. And the way I figure if I get a few years out of then I"ll be happy and buy it all over again (and again hehe).

Granted, my girlfriend purchased her pewter wtm midi brand new and had these issues within the first week so that wouldn't be good but so far Suzi I haven't had that experience myself.

And my pewter KM and PM still look brand new too!

Hi lovebags! Yes, that would be me!

My pewter AP developed worn corners (2 whitish and 2 blackish) after I went away to Tenerife last year.

There is definitely a theme here, because like Jenova, I was very hot and sticky and had used copious amounts of sun lotion. It obviously does not agree with the pewter one little bit :nogood:.

Hi lovebags! Yes, that would be me!

My pewter AP developed worn corners (2 whitish and 2 blackish) after I went away to Tenerife last year.

There is definitely a theme here, because like Jenova, I was very hot and sticky and had used copious amounts of sun lotion. It obviously does not agree with the pewter one little bit :nogood:.

Hi CB,

I didn't realize you had an issue with pewter? Thanks for letting us know so we're all careful with sun lotion.:smile:

The PF member's I was referencing there wasn't any lotions involved just normal wear. But, my pewter bags have been holding up perfectly. Maybe it's just hit or miss with a certain batch of leather?

Either way, I still absolutely ADORE pewter!

I got my first BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pre-loved and in excellent condition, mint
it is wine pebbled leather WTM and I am in love:love::heart:
Any advice if I should treat it?
I have Apple cleaner and protector.
Thanks much and I am so happy to finally be a part of the BE family

^ For the pebbled leather, I just do a coat or two of Wilson's TLC spray for waterproofing if I'm caught in major rain or something. I would not clean it unless it looked dirty. If it is the glossy pebbled (w/ slight shine to it), it will wear nicely and doesn't really scratch or get damaged easily.

The only thing I use on any metallic bags is the AppleGarde spray. It's not an oil/lotion and there's no rubbing involved in the application so it's been fine.