I sold my GST and now I'm sad...

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
I got a GST a couple of weeks ago, but soon realized that it was the wrong bag for me. I have a 2.5 yr old who is with me 95% of the time. I just felt the bag was too nice for me in my jeans toting around town with my little guy. I sold it to the same friend who sold me her Cabas! The Cabas was too casual for her, perfect for my casual lifestyle; the GST was to dressy for me and perfect for her!
I'm thrilled it's gong to her, but sad to see it go because I know that once the wee guy is 6 and in school all day, my style will change and the GST will probably be 4k, lol!!!:shrugs:

Thanks for letting me get that out, I feel better now...
Cheers,

Don't be sad! I'm in the same situation as you. I carry around a 3 AND a 1.5 yr old. So I know about the 'can't carry NICE NICE bags'. All of my Chanels are stashed away for the 'future'! I actually keep on toying with the idea of letting go of my GST as well!
In a couple of years time, we'll be able to dress like our true selves! LOL!
And the GST will still be here, start a little GST fund!!! LOL!!
And think about it this way, you'll have a BRAND NEW GST when you are able to wear it. And it may be some amazing colour by that time!
I also occasionally carry my Melrose Cabas too, and since its patent, I don't freak out about ruining it as much! LOL!!! Hugz!!

bobojue, Thank you for the kind words and support! I will keep a little saving for my GST 2011, lol!
I suffer from complusive buying disorder, so it probably will take that long to save for a new GST.
Your kids in your avatar are lovely!
Cheers

ROFL Compulsive buying disorder.....ROFL, It is an epidemic.....it attacks all ages and all areas, most strongly seen in chanel addicts.....you will get your GST back....and sooner than you think.....:heart:H

bobojue, Thank you for the kind words and support! I will keep a little saving for my GST 2011, lol!
I suffer from complusive buying disorder, so it probably will take that long to save for a new GST.
Your kids in your avatar are lovely!
Cheers

Well...don't be sad, i sold mine too but i wasn't really feelin too disappointed. My little one is turning one next mth and i also think that it's not a practical bag for me.

Awww... it's certainly okay to miss your bag, but no reason to be sad. Even with the prices going up on the GST, consider everything you stated: it's not very practical for you at the moment, and doesn't "fit" your lifestyle.

Instead, think about what you got in return: a cabas! Which is very functional (especially for a mom) and practical for everyday wear... so don't feel bad.

Yes, if you DO plan on buying another in the future, the thought of the price will be horrifying to say the least ;) but just know you made the right decision for you at the moment. I mean, if you would have kept it, it probably would have been used very rarely... so perhaps it's better to snap her up again when the time is right, and it's really meant to be. :flowers: In the meantime, just remember that you made the right choice for YOU, and cheer up!

I know exactly how you feel. I have a 10 month old so I hate leaving my nice bags at home when I go out and when I do get a chance to go out, I always have my son. Don't worry, you'll get your GST back when you are able to wear it brand new, too!

I think you made the right choice. Don't force yourself to keep a bag you probably won't get use out of, just because you're afraid of price increases later. If you're going to get a bag, get it because you love it and know you'll wear it. :yes:

I traded my black GST a few months back, and i've been still missing it since. I think i'll get another one down the road......its such a classic!!

She is gone, UPS just picked her up .
Thanks every one for the kind supportive words! I feel good because I know she is going to a great bag lover that will take her out often! :yahoo:.

I still have my med classic flap when I go out with the big guy (DH) and leave the little guy home.
The Cabas is perfect, I can fit everything I need in there, even a couple of tractors for the wee one.lol!
Cheers,

you can always visit her when you see your friend, just think in 2011 you'll have her younger, hotter sister.kwim! it'll be ok. and the next time your out with the kids and something yucky happens to your purse you will be so happy it wasn't to your GST!