I Should Have Kept the Box!!!!

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
I am so bummed I live in the country with mice. I wouldn't say I have an infestation but they are unavoidably in the house. Looked at my K40 today and the bag has holes chewed in it AND A TINY TOOTH SCRATCH ON THE LEATHER (Vache Espace)! I am so bummed. I even have a trap set in my purse closet but of course they haven't been caught.

Sigh, guess it is the first sign of wear and now I just need to use the darn thing and get some more life-marks on it and be done with it. I wouldn't mind it looking well used I just hate to be the one to have to do it LOL.

Just thought I'd have a little whine.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I have all kinds of leather purses in my closet and now i am paranoid. Most are in dust bags. I think the mark on the leather was just incidental to chewing on the dust bag.

Bummer! So sorry this happened... I like your idea of taking this as a sign to use your bag!

We live in the mountains and mice are unavoidable. They have chewed the edge of a beautiful mantle while we were away and shredded something in the office closet.

We set traps and have those noise deterrent thingies.

I keep my bags in boxes on really high shelves. Now I'm paranoid too!!!!

None of the other dust bags are damaged, like there was something about this one they liked. So I threw it out and will use a generic bag.

The boxes just take up so much room I didn't save them. Dummy me.

This is the most unique complaint I have ever seen, and I understand your frustration. Could you store them in a trunk or some other type of bin that they can't eat their way into? why make it easy for them?

I have had them set up residence in an outside storage shed that I subsequently had to remove. They have also found their way into an outside water heater closet and eaten the wires! Very pesky and destructive. I suggest you also cover your vents on the roof with wire. Have an exterminator really inspect for openings. You need to find how they are getting in the house.

This is the most unique complaint I have ever seen, and I understand your frustration. Could you store them in a trunk or some other type of bin that they can't eat their way into? why make it easy for them?

I have had them set up residence in an outside storage shed that I subsequently had to remove. They have also found their way into an outside water heater closet and eaten the wires! Very pesky and destructive. I suggest you also cover your vents on the roof with wire. Have an exterminator really inspect for openings. You need to find how they are getting in the house.

Yes I must find the solution to both storage and extermination

Yikes. These rodents really have fine tastes, I can feel the heartache about the bag. I think putting the bags higher will help somewhat. The culprits get really smart about the traps, and baits so it's frustrating indeed.

I would honestly die. I'm sorry, dear. I've always combated mold because of the areas I've lived in so really that's my biggest problem.

Here's a suggestion - since mice are prevalent where you are, have you ever considered getting a cat?

Last edited:
I have one, but he doesn't have the run of the house because I have a bunch of dogs. He keeps his part of the house clean lol.

Ah then my condolences dear. I just remembered the cat because my exhubby told me they keep mice away (my old neighborhood had 2 of them). Well is it possible to store the purses on his side of the house?:smile:

Ah then my condolences dear. I just remembered the cat because my exhubby told me they keep mice away (my old neighborhood had 2 of them). Well is it possible to store the purses on his side of the house?:smile:

Well, no, because it's the DH's man cave. No room to store plus then he'll have to see all the bags I have which I don't really think he could handle hehe

Well, no, because it's the DH's man cave. No room to store plus then he'll have to see all the bags I have which I don't really think he could handle hehe

LMAO - I totally understand. :P When I was married, my hubby would lovingly tease me about my bags cuz he knew that I babied them n such. But when the dork went after them during the divorce...

:nono: :cursing: :mad: :censor: :Pullhair: :pokey: :rant:

How frustrating! I can feel your pain.

A few years ago I took out a Prada bag which was stuffed with paper. Some of the paper had been shredded. Clearly a mouse had moved in was making a nest.

We live in the country and wildlife is always with us. Unfortunately you have to be firm as they can do serious property damage not to mention spread disease. If you are not comfortable dealing with this yourself get professionals.

It took years to come to terms with this as I have always had lots of pets and adore all wildlife but it has to stay wild and outside.

Luckily you discovered the mouse before it did serious damage.

At least you have a classy mouse who appreciates the finer things in life. Good luck!