I sent PayPal payment to unregistered user?

I called PayPal and they said that she was having difficulties accessing her account. They didn't think there was anything suspicious about her though....I e-mailed the seller and told her to contact me once everything was in order and that I would resend the payment. She e-mailed me back and set that she set up another account...I asked her to link it to the eBay auction before I would send payment again. I'll keep everyone updated.

toiletduck said:
Can you tell us how you ended up on that plane? Or is it too personal?
During a break from graduate school, one of my girlfriends and I went to Spain to do some exploring. We met some other students from Greece. We decided to have a little "truth or dare" contest. Yes, we were somewhat, well, intoxicated. Someone dared me to get on a plane bound for Belgrade, so I agreed, despite thinking "I know this sounds cool right now, but this is real real stupid". So, my friend and I found a flight and off we went. We were about 45 minutes into the flight when we both realized this was not fun anymore. Too late. But, when we got there we were able to find our way home. I even took pics of the airport, if you can call it that. :blink:

If paypal is telling you to cancel, I would cancel! Worst that can happen is that it's a mistake and you can send fund later.
Cancel your payment, now.
Hold your horses- lets think outside the box for a minute... Not everyone outside of the US can be registered or verified on Paypal.... Why? because you HAVE to have a US bank account to be verified or registered. Now does this make everyone who does not have a verified or registered account on Paypal corrupt or to be weary of? No! and if you have Paypal buyer protection then you have nothing to worry about to get a refund if you do not get your item as long as you can track your purchase and show where you paid, etc... Now if you send funds to some unknown email address with no purchase history of sending funds then you are doomed to get your money back because it was not a legitimate purchase. Check with your Paypal rep to find out more- I did and feel less concerned now that I know I have buyer protection when purchasing from a unverified Paypal account holder. In America we really need to stop being paranoid and that everyone is out to get us outside of the US because they are not- different circumstances put people in different situations and limit their ability to get a verified Paypal account etc... We have to start thinking outside the box or go live overseas for awhile to understand these things on a bigger scale.

Hold your horses- lets think outside the box for a minute... Not everyone outside of the US can be registered or verified on Paypal.... Why? because you HAVE to have a US bank account to be verified or registered. Now does this make everyone who does not have a verified or registered account on Paypal corrupt or to be weary of? No! and if you have Paypal buyer protection then you have nothing to worry about to get a refund if you do not get your item as long as you can track your purchase and show where you paid, etc... Now if you send funds to some unknown email address with no purchase history of sending funds then you are doomed to get your money back because it was not a legitimate purchase. Check with your Paypal rep to find out more- I did and feel less concerned now that I know I have buyer protection when purchasing from a unverified Paypal account holder. In America we really need to stop being paranoid and that everyone is out to get us outside of the US because they are not- different circumstances put people in different situations and limit their ability to get a verified Paypal account etc... We have to start thinking outside the box or go live overseas for awhile to understand these things on a bigger scale.
This thread is six years old