I sent a designer bag to the wrong buyer. HELP!

Contacted eBay. They told me to contact the buyer and see what her reply was. If she didn't reply or still insisted she didn't receive it, I could report it as stolen and they would get involved. They asked me for her ID and item number. I told them I would give it to them if she didn't cooperate.

SO, GUESS WHAT? I just emailed her and she got right back to me. I told her I had proof of delivery. She said her sister got it and she just found out and didn't know how to tell me. Well, I guess selling it was a way to tell me, right? I do not care, she said she would return it to me. I just paid her to ship it back. I will await it's return and also watch to see if she pulls her eBay listing. Hopefully, she is telling me the truth!

I will keep you updated.

Thanks for all of your help!

She didn't know how to tell you??
OMG, this is just crazy.
It is a sad day when you see your bag listed on Ebay & confront your buyer and she says she didn't know how to tell you - must be a long thought process - posting, take photos, cleaning the bag - but still unable to tell you.
All I can say is WOW - it takes all kinds.
Keep us posted on this honest seller/buyer and the return of your bag.

So, she didn't stop and think.."hmmm where did this bag come from since I didn't buy it?" and instead said, "well, now that I have this bag I never bought, I will clean it and sell it..even though someone contacted me in the past looking for a bag she mistakenly sent me?" You must have some tolerence level because I wouldn't be able to see any good in a person like this.

Glad to hear you resolved it in your favor, though!

Thank you all for your kind words. I do believe she is telling me the truth. Her feedback is impeccable and I do not wish to reveal her ID. If she doesn't follow through on her promise and send it back to me, I of course then will have a different feeling about her. I try to see the best in people. She immediately got back to me and just ended her listing.

Impeccable feedback speaks nothing of this person's character. I am so freakin' glad I don't buy from the UK 'cause that means I will never give this ruthless seller any of my money. OP, I can't believe you don't have a different feeling about her already.

I do hope you will chose to post her ID so that those that do buy and sell to the UK can block her.

This is just sick.

So, she didn't stop and think.."hmmm where did this bag come from since I didn't buy it?" and instead said, "well, now that I have this bag I never bought, I will clean it and sell it..even though someone contacted me in the past looking for a bag she mistakenly sent me?" You must have some tolerence level because I wouldn't be able to see any good in a person like this.

Glad to hear you resolved it in your favor, though!

^exactly.. where did this come from, would be asking myself

another pathetic scammer caught with the "my sister excuse"

shame on her.. There should be a TPF "hall of shame"

she would rank high on the list, imo:nuts:

Wow. What a despicable thing to do. :sad: You are a MUCH nicer person than I am, OP - I would have gone after her with both guns blazing. :sad: I hope she FINALLY does the right thing and returns YOUR property to you, instead of selling it!

What a story! So glad she 'found' your bag! I hope she keeps her word and sends it back to you. I cannot believe she had the nerve to list it and make money off of YOUR bag. I hope this all works out for you, and you don't have too wait too long for your bag! Please keep us posted! By the way, you must have incredible patience to be so nice after all this!

talk about awkward! what do you say when you've been caught red handed? there is really no good excuse so i think she gave the best she could think of at that moment. no one comes out and really says, "sorry, i thought i could get away with it"--i mean its rare.

good thing she doesn't want to risk her feedback, or reputation, and has sense of guilt to send it back. seeing as how shes oversea its not as easy to just 'hop' over and take your bag back. i can see where giving money to her to send it is a bit accommodating but at this point in your shoes i'd just want my bag back!!

keep us informed and thank goodness that that situation has a closure, hopefully a happy one, good job on keeping an eye out.

In the buyers mind she "found" the bag,or it just "fell" on her lap. In my book she accidentally ended up with it I giver her that.The fact that she decided not to tell you nor return it KNOWING it was yours then deciding to profit from it....In my book that is right up there with stealing it.

The fact that she is returning it doesnt change my opinion of her one bit....she got caught THAT is the only reason she is returning it. I hope & pray she does return it to you, in fact I would kindly forward an email to her letting her know that if the bag is NOT in your possesion within a reasonable time frame YOU will disclose her id.
It would be a public servise,and many WOULD appreciate it. JMO.

I guess ebay has me a bit jaded, but I really dont give much credibility to feedback anymore for obvious reasons.